Who We Are:
At Valtech, our employees are our best asset, and because we believe that, we believe in recruiting from a very diverse pool of exceptionally unique and talented individuals. As such, that’s exactly who we are: a multi-cultural bunch of ambitious digital natives, innovators, makers and doers thriving in an international, entrepreneurial, and collaborative environment.
What we offer:
- We offer competitive compensation, Group Benefit Plan, and a Health & Wellness program
- We offer a career, not just a job. Your personal and professional development is important to us (ask us about Valtech Academy)
- We provide a flexible work schedule that supports work/life balance
- Honesty, openness, and respect are among our core values
- Monthly events with an active culture club
- We close over the winter holidays and keep summer hours to help you make the most of those sunny Friday afternoons
If you want to learn more follow this link: What Makes us Special
Valtech Values: SHARE DARE CARE
Want to be part of a great company? Then join our fast-growing business/team and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!
What we are looking for:
The Business Analyst is responsible for working with Clients and Valtech Project Teams to drive the project vision, objectives and take ultimate ownership for delivering impactful Content Management and Digital Portal solutions with the project team.
The BA works and negotiates directly with the client stakeholders to analyze and transform business objectives into a backlog of prioritized user stories based on market data, internal needs and business value. They then guide and support one or more cross-functional project teams by owning the vision for a release, deciding the priority and details of features to build, accepting features after implementation, and accepting the release.
The BA must have experience in delivering web-based solutions of varying complexity, and must deeply understand the nuances of complex technical, user experience-driven web projects within an iterative context. The BA must have a knowledge of data and content modeling.
What you will do:
- Be passionate and knowledgeable about our products and the possibilities in our market; specifically, around:
- Content management and digital marketing platforms
- Marketing optimization and automation
- User experience and customer experience management
- Customer and membership portals
- Education, non-profit and B2B verticals
- Generate ideas for how our solutions can make our customers more successful
- Knowledge of data and content modeling in a web context
- Collaborate deeply with the Scrum Master/Project Manager to continually manage scope, budget and expectations. Maintaining an intimate knowledge of the budget/scope burndown and its impact on release expectations is mandatory
- Works closely with the technical lead to define work for the developers via acceptance criteria on the user stories
- Work with the client and project team to formulate a release vision and high-level epics
- Constantly manage client expectations on release scope
- Present and justify a product release to the project stakeholders
- Participate in project process including Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, Daily Scrum, and Sprint Review
- Work with customers and stakeholders to understand their needs and manage expectations
- Define and prioritize a backlog of work. Maintain a well-groomed product backlog at all times
- Be the customer's voice and provide perspective on business value on a day-to-day basis
- Continuously evaluate and prioritize user stories based on market data and business needs
- Write user stories and acceptance criteria
What you should have:
- Must have experience having delivered implementations meeting typical web project success factors, including improved SEO, improved conversion and engagement, improved publishing workflow and internal visibility of ROI.
- Prefers working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Highly developed organization and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and client-handling skills.
- Ability to contribute towards a team effort.
- Ability to work with ambiguity.
- Initiative and self-confidence, adaptable and able to cope with changing and evolving priorities while being able to identify new opportunities.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies (preferably Scrum) and knowledge of the full project lifecycle.
- 3+ years working on software projects following Agile methodologies
- Nice to have experience with Digital Marketing/Content Management/Customer Experience Management solutions for public-facing websites and portals (for example, Sitecore)
People Are at the Heart of Everything We Do
We embrace a mindset of “We before Me,” and we don’t just say it, we live it. Working for years together on client projects across countries and offices in cross-functional, multi-cultural teams has driven Valtech to be a truly connected global agency.
We call it OneValtech.
This has fostered our informal culture built on mutual respect, freedom, and accountability with humans at the very center of everything we do.
We believe diversity is essential to creating the best digital products & experiences
Valtech is committed to providing and maintaining a work environment where all employees and candidates are treated with dignity and respect and that is free of bias, prejudice, and harassment. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin of employees, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Learn more about our commitment to diversity and Inclusion at Valtech: https://www.valtech.com/en-ca/...