We are looking for Chief Solution Architect (CSA) to join our management team. Person in this role would be responsible for managing all aspects of technical delivery and supporting presales activities in a high paced environment of a growing global company. CSA having software development background him/herself, would be a competent manager and leader for the engineering team and a strategist working on the future technological direction of Valtech Ukraine.
Passion for and strong competency in mentoring, coaching, and developing top level engineering talent is key to this position. The person we are seeking is a strong day to day technical manager with a “can do” attitude. We seek CSA who is an experienced and emotionally mature professional, who is business savvy and has internal drive for technical excellence. He/she will foster a culture of collaboration and engineering excellence. The person in this role would be reporting to the Managing Director of Valtech Ukraine.
The Ideal Candidate
A technology professional with a minimum of 10 years of experience. Requirements include:
- Technical higher education and profile (Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics)
- 5+ years of software development experience, excellent understand of modern web technology stack
- A background of working in a Technical Leadership role for 3+ years
- Excellent understanding of software architecture, ability to design complex enterprise level software solutions
- Experience in conversion of the business requirements into an architecture and design that will become the blueprint for the solution being created
- Experienced in technical overview of the projects through the full software development lifecycle
- Experienced practitioner of agile software methodology
- Experience with distributed business models
- Possess a blend of technology and business expertise with enterprise solutions
- Proven track record in complex enterprise solutions sales support and technical consulting
- Demonstrated success at defining and launching high impact projects in a professional software development environment
- Customer service-oriented, results and quality-oriented, very strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong experience in Retail, ecommerce and enterprise digital solutions (Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Magento, SAP CX (Hybris), Sitecore, Episerver, Adobe Experience Manager etc.) will be a big advantage
- Fluent professional English
As a Chief Solution Architect within our organization you will be responsible for defining architecture and implementation of large-scale software systems that need to handle the daily challenges of scaling, resilience and performance.
You will set technical excellence standards and drive the organization through change to continuously grow and improve to exceed our client expectations.
You will be heavily involved into presales process and take part in the pitches, onsite workshops, which would require direct communication with the Customer.
You will work in an agile way in cross functional global teams to deliver exceptional experiences for our clients. If to be more specific, you will:
- Align with global technology vision and lead all aspects of Valtech Ukraine technological services development
- Direct and develop internal technical competencies development for future growth by establishing effective training, coaching, development plans for consultant’s technical growth
- Set Solution Architecture standards, best practices, drive implementation and support large client engagements
- Consult Valtech partners and peers on technological efficiency improvement, automation of processes
- Provide leadership to own direct reports in alignment with company values and culture (Solution Architects)
- Lead technological innovation in Valtech Ukraine, tap into global R&D initiatives
- Collaborate with the executive management team and other groups to identify opportunities and risks for delivery, opportunities for innovation and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles.
What Balance Means to Us
- a modern office, comfortable work environment, and the best available tools;
- business trips to Europe/US;
- 20 working days of vacation;
- medical insurance;
- sick leave (up to 20 days a year);
- unpaid leave (up to 20 days a year);
- paid days off (2 days);
- private entrepreneur leave (2 days);
- ability to work from home;
- professional internal/external trainings;
- professional certifications coverage — 100%;
- English classes;
- end-user hobbies compensation;
- ability to participate in Global Valtech R&D initiatives (AR/VR projects and IoT projects).
Insight into Valtech Ukraine
In Valtech Ukraine our teams are mostly focused on technical delivery of enterprise level projects for Retail, Finance, FMCG and Hospitality verticals. We closely work with our European and other global colleagues to accelerate digital transformations for our clients. We are 200+ consultants and we deliver experiences from Kyiv, Kharkiv, Dnipro, Chernihiv and Chernivtsi.