We take the complicated and make it simple. We support our clients in the research, design and marketing of smart digital experiences and interfaces. We develop innovative products.
We’re passionate about digital and we live in the possibilities of the future. We thrive on agility and on constant concern for the end user’s experience.
Do you dream in ones and zeroes? Do you see the matrix code unfold in slow motion when you’re presented with a challenging problem? Are you like a water bender when it comes to taming the torrential waves of big data? If demystifying data complexities and turning them into actionable blueprints for digital architectures and transformative business strategies is your jam, then read on!
Valtech Toronto is looking for someone who has a thing for data and how to organize it - someone who knows how to derive insights from data for our clients. You can take any ecosystem and elevate the best approach for data integration, suggesting designs and experiments to shorten time to insight. You thrive off collaborating with strategy, UX and technology teams. You’ll bring insights, positivity, and a strategic eye that will enrich the data partnerships we foster with clients across industries and markets, locally and around the globe.
We’re a growing team of passionate, customer experience focused digital natives with an entrepreneurial and intimate Toronto base, backed by a global powerhouse in Valtech.
Our team is an innovative, nimble, data-driven group with incredible technology chops and a focus on transformative retail and ecommerce experience design. We’re looking for a Data Engineer to help shape data-centric solutions for our clients. You’re also likely to become a ‘go-to’ authority within the company when it comes to data solutions, keeping up to date with industry developments and using your experience to assess the risk profiles of new projects. All while being able to integrate into a 2700+ person strong global creative community. We’ve got big ambitions, and we need someone with the same level of intensity to help us grow.
And here’s what you’ll be doing – at a minimum:
- Audit, optimize and test a multitude of client systems; identifying & recommending platforms and services
- Analysis of business problems to understand system requirements, including quality attributes such as performance, availability and security
- Architectural design for new systems, primarily focused on data flow pipelines, storage and analytics
- Undertaking information assurance where required
- Proficient in building out complex triggered campaigns using business rules, including test campaigns, to multiple audience segments and business scenarios
- Providing customer insights for future optimizations and iterations of Valtech client systems
- Presenting complex data ideas to technical and non-technical customer stakeholders at various levels in the organization, advising and managing expectations where required
And here’s what the perfect candidate looks like:
- Ability to provide executive level reporting on system metrics and KPI’s for a team
- Experience with varied types of data: tabular, connected, time-series, geospatial, image, etc.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills; the ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization.
- Different types of database – relational; document; graph; columnar; key-value.
- Largescale data-processing-platforms typically based on Hadoop / Spark.
- Business intelligence / analytics products or frameworks
- Data visualisation frameworks
- Proficiency with Python and/or R
- Shell Scripting
- Cloud architecture / workload sizing
- Knowledge of data integration technologies
- 5 + years of experience, having gone through the full project lifecycle on numerous occasions; you’ve seen how design decisions play out in production
- Degree Computer Engineering/Science, Statistics, Machine Learning, Applied Math
Here’s what it’s like to work for us:
We’re advisors, visionaries, creative and techies…with an agency mindset. We believe in working together, and that the best results come when we pool our knowledge and brainstorm the right solution for our customers.
We embrace all things digital.
Our ambition is to become global leader in the digital space. No more, no less. Our customers look to us to help them succeed in the digital landscape. We deliver work that makes them the leaders in their industries, based on a thorough understanding of their business and a close collaboration with their employees.
We talk to each other.
We work in an open environment, with business developers, web technologists, strategists and creatives sitting side-by-side, pooling their collective wisdom in order to come up with the best solution for our clients.
We have fun.
We don’t believe in boredom. We do work hard, and we put in the hours we need to get the job done, but we also have a vibrant, dynamic atmosphere with passionate colleagues who enjoy what they do.
We love our clients.
Seriously! They are the reason why we are here. And why wouldn’t we? We are working with some of the biggest and most interesting brands in the world, along with a lot of other companies that all have great ambition to succeed in the digital space.
Valtech has over 2,700 employees worldwide. In the Americas we have offices in Toronto, Montreal, New York, Dallas, Chicago, Buenos Aries, Sao Paulo, Floripa.
We’re looking ahead.
We are driven by a visionary mindset, and that means there is plenty of room for initiative and for talented people to shape who we are tomorrow.
Some travel is required as part of this position.
We offer a chance to work with an amazing team, global clients, competitive salary, medical and dental benefits, life and disability insurance, as well as work from home options.
If you would like to join our growing company please apply today!
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
*** We do not accept unsolicited candidate profiles from recruiting firms***