Valtech is a global digital agency where experiences are engineered
We take the complicated and make it simple. We support our clients in the research, design and marketing of smart digital experiences and interfaces. We develop innovative products.
We’re passionate about digital and we live in the possibilities of the future. We thrive on agility and on constant concern for the end user’s experience.
As a Front-End Developer at Valtech you are responsible for working with Designers and Back End Developers to build modern and engaging web experiences. You would use your knowledge to evaluate and recommend best practices during the entire design phase as well as deliver quality code that can be easily integrated to the back end. You are comfortable with and understand the best ways to build CMS-based websites. The Front-End Developer is also responsible to work closely with clients, gathering requirements and providing guidance on how to achieve the client’s goals.
- Liaise with client and project teams
- Gather and document technical requirements
- Participate in quality assurance activities
- Provide written documentation and training to clients
- Translate wireframes, comps, and functional requirements into fully functional user interfaces
- Effectively develop in a clean, well structured, easily maintainable format producing DRY code
- Know the latest features but understand not everyone uses the latest technology
- Help every project you’re part of to be innovative and successful
- Work out of a framework or create the project from scratch
- Be an advocate for Accessibility and Performance
- Understand the impact of Front End decisions on the Back End
- Ability to thrive under tight deadlines and manage time efficiently
- Responsive Design
- Version control – TFS, Git
- Design tools – Photoshop, Sketch, Invision, Zeplin
Nice to have:
- Experience working with CMS’ – Sitecore is a plus
- Gulp, Webpack and other Front-End automation tools
- LESS, SASS and other CSS pre-processors
- Experience with .NET development
- Can communicate to technical and non-technical people on the same level
Travel within Canada and US is expected for to deliver client workshops.
We offer work from home options, great learning opportunities, and a collaborative team environment. If you are interested to join a growing company and have the skills we seek please apply today!
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
*** We do not accept unsolicited candidate profiles from recruiting firms***