We are growing the team and are hiring exceptional people to join us. We are currently hiring a Junior Tester to join our Bristol based team who shares our passion for technology and who is motivated by testing enterprise software solutions as part of a multidisciplined team.
In this role the successful candidate will work with an integrated team of developers, project managers, and testers and be responsible for performing functional testing, regression testing, and production support testing of these various software products using the plans, tools, and scripts developed.
This position will also focus on communicating issue tracking and generation of reports, with the status of testing coverage for all software products developed by the company. The Testers technical skills will be utilized to construct various testing scripts to be used by other testing analysts. You will work with the developers on development of automated test scenarios and automated test scripts.
Working extremely closely with the Development team your involvement in a project will begin at the design phase and will span the development lifecycle, go-live and post implementation User Acceptance Testing. The nature of the work is fast paced and will suit an individual who can adapt to a constantly evolving set of priorities.
- Test Web based Software Solutions.
- To ensure that software is thoroughly tested to a level of quality suitable for sign-off.
- To engage with other test team and project team members to actively pursue to improvement of your own testing and system knowledge.
- To execute manual regression test scripts and BDDs as part of project delivery.
- Review of software requirements.
- Preparation of test scripts, BDDs and Automated tests where appropriate.
- Run Automated tests as part of the project delivery.
- Create, implement and execute test scripts and BDDs.
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
Applicants could come from a number of different technical backgrounds; Either:
You may have previous commercial experience in a Software / Web Testing role OR:
Be a recent College / University finisher with a HND / BSc in a Computing related subject.
All applicants, irrespective of background will need to be able to demonstrate essential skills:
- You will be able to demonstrate a genuine interest in the Web and be able to articulate your interest in working in Software Testing.
- You will have a very logical approach to problem solving, coupled with a good eye for detail.
- You will have excellent communication skills and be highly motivated.