We take the complicated and make it simple. We support our clients in the research, design and marketing of smart digital experiences and interfaces. We develop innovative products.
We’re passionate about digital and we live in the possibilities of the future. We thrive on agility and on constant concern for the end user’s experience.
Valtech, is a global company innovating in the digital economy. With our 39 offices over 16 countries we are helping our clients revolutionizing how they connect with their consumers. We are looking for a Senior Accounting technician for our Montreal office. The ideal candidate has experience with the full accounting cycle. He or she is a team player, highly organized, meticulous and can multitask. Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be instrumental in strengthening our finance department.
If you have a passion for what you do, a desire for career growth along with strong work ethic, the ability to start and finish tasks in a timely fashion and can work with little supervision, we want you!
What you'll be doing
- Maintain payable and receivable subledgers
- Prepare month end journal entries and postings
- Perform month end close process and corporate reporting
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations and P&L statement analyses
- Participate in the improvement of existing accounting processes and internal controls
- Assist the Finance Manager with special projects as necessary
- Assist in the preparation of audit files and analysis for auditors
- University degree in Accounting or relevant experience
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in general accounting and reporting
- Strong analytical skills and technical accounting knowledge
- Advanced Excel skills
- Able to work well under pressure with little supervision
- Bilingual written and spoken is required
- Our competitive compensation package.
- Collaborating with a diverse, dynamic and close-knit team.
- Summer half-days and the possibility to work remotely.
- Collaboration with our international offices and the possibility to go.
- Fresh fruit, coffee and snacks in the kitchen.
- Fun monthly team-building activities.
- Social activities organized by our Comité l’fun.