Valtech is a global digital agency where experiences are engineered
We take the complicated and make it simple. We support our clients in the research, design and marketing of smart digital experiences and interfaces. We develop innovative products.
We’re passionate about digital and we live in the possibilities of the future. We thrive on agility and on constant concern for the end user’s experience.
As a Front End Developer at Valtech you are responsible for working with Designers and Back End Developers to build modern and engaging web experiences. You would use your knowledge to evaluate and recommend best practices during the entire design phase as well as deliver quality code that can be easily integrated to the back end. You are comfortable with and understand the best ways to build CMS-based websites.
A Senior Front End Developer must also be able to turn a blank slate into a fully working build. You’ll define the architecture of the Front End, deciding if and which tools, frameworks and libraries should be used. You’ll set standards and train the team to follow the best practices. The Senior Front End Developer is also responsible to work closely with clients, gathering requirements and providing guidance on how to achieve the client’s goals.
- Liaise with client and project teams
- Gather and document technical requirements
- Participate in quality assurance activities
- Provide written documentation and training to clients
- Translate wireframes, comps, and functional requirements into fully functional user interfaces
- Effectively develop in a clean, well structured, easily maintainable format producing DRY code
- Configure and manage automated builds
- Know the latest features but understand not everyone uses the latest technology
- Help every project you’re part of to be innovative and successful
- Can communicate to technical and non-technical people on the same level
- Be an advocate for Accessibility and Performance
- Understand the impact of Front End decisions on the Back End
- Ability to thrive under tight deadlines and manage time efficiently
- Responsive Design
- Version control – TFS, Git
- Gulp, Webpack and other Front End automation tools
- LESS, SASS and other CSS pre-processors
Nice to have
- Experience working with CMSs – Sitecore is a plus
- Experience with .NET development
- Design tools – Photoshop, Sketch, Invision, Zeplin
Here’s what it’s like to work for us:
We’re advisors, visionaries, creative and techies…with an agency mindset. We believe in working together, and that the best results come when we pool our knowledge and brainstorm the right solution for our customers.
We embrace all things digital.
Our ambition is to become global leader in the digital space. No more, no less. Our customers look to us to help them succeed in the digital landscape. We deliver work that makes them the leaders in their industries, based on a thorough understanding of their business and a close collaboration with their employees.
We talk to each other.
We work in an open environment, with business developers, web technologists, strategists and creatives sitting side-by-side, pooling their collective wisdom in order to come up with the best solution for our clients.
We have fun.
We don’t believe in boredom. We do work hard, and we put in the hours we need to get the job done, but we also have a vibrant, dynamic atmosphere with passionate colleagues who enjoy what they do.
We love our clients.
Seriously! They are the reason why we are here. And why wouldn’t we? We are working with some of the biggest and most interesting brands in the world, along with a lot of other companies that all have great ambition to succeed in the digital space.
Valtech has almost 3,000 employees across 38 offices worldwide. In North America we have offices in New York, Dallas, Chicago, Toronto and Montreal.
We’re looking ahead.
We are driven by a visionary mindset, and that means there is plenty of room for initiative and for talented people to shape who we are tomorrow.
Up for the challenge?
Then we will be more than happy to hear from you. Send us your resume and give us a bit of writing about yourself and your motivation to work for Valtech.
- Our competitive compensation package.
- Collaborating with a diverse, dynamic and close-knit team.
- Summer half-days and the possibility to work remotely.
- Collaboration with our international offices and the possibility to go.
- Fresh fruit, coffee and snacks in the kitchen.
- Fun monthly team-building activities.