Who are we?
Valtech is more than just a digital agency. Whilst we’ve been transforming our clients’ businesses for over 25 years, we’ve also been working hard to offer transformative job opportunities for our colleagues across the world.
From graduates to seasoned professionals who are experts in their field, Valtech will always be recognised not just for the quality of work we deliver, but for all of the amazing people that make it happen.
We are 4000 talented people in 51 beautiful offices across 18 countries. We work with some of the world’s best known brands from travel to retail, connected experiences to automotive and we don’t just talk about how to get things done, we really transform by doing.
As System Administrator you are part of the Global IT team but directly supporting UK IT environment which has offices in London, Bristol and Manchester. You will be primary based in Bristol but sometimes you need to travel to Manchester or London. Together with your colleague which is primary based in London you will be responsible for UK IT environment which contains manage and maintaining the server- and network environment but also for the first- and second-line support for Windows 10/11, Mac OSX user related questions and specific tools like Microsoft 365 and DUO (2FA).
Since there are a lot of Global initiatives there are possibilities to be part of specific projects, together with your Global IT colleagues. The ability to take responsibility is important to us.
- To feel responsible for what you do.
- To keep the UK IT environment online
- To work on our internal IT systems with a cloud first approach;
- To work together with a team of technicians all around the world;
- To be part of projects in UK or for Global IT
- To troubleshoot problems together with your (UK or Global IT) colleagues
Specialist Skills & Requirements:
- A completed college or university education;
- Very good/excellent communication skills
- At least 1-2 years relevant work experience;
- Skillset: Windows 10/11, Mac OSX, Azure, Microsoft 365, Microsoft AD, PowerShell scripting,
- Good experience with providing 1st and 2nd line support
- Basic knowledge and experience in managing Windows Server environments.
- Basic knowledge of networking concepts (firewalling, VPN, routing, etc);
- Knowledge of major cloud solutions: JAMF, Intune, Duo security
- Knowledge about Sophos Endpoint Security, Meraki, Adaxes, Jira/Confluence
Diversity and Inclusion at Valtech
At Valtech, we’re here to engineer experiences that work and reach every single person. To do this, we are proactive about creating workplaces that work for every person at Valtech. Our goal is to create an equitable workplace which gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be).
As part of this work, we’re sharing an optional anonymous survey with you after your application. This survey will help us better understand the people who apply to work at Valtech. It'll help us see how different demographics progress through our hiring process, and where we need to make improvements to give them a better chance of succeeding. If you choose to fill it out, all of the information you give us is:
- Voluntary. And we've included a "prefer not to say" option for every question. It'd be helpful if you still fill out the survey even if you choose "prefer not to say" for every question, as it's useful for us to understand & record this. We won't know if you choose to fill this survey in or not.
- Anonymous to Valtech. We can't tie your responses to you and they won't make a difference to the outcome of your application. We'll only use grouped responses for equal opportunities monitoring in our hiring process.
For more information on how we'll use this data, please read our candidate privacy notice.
By filling out the survey, you agree that we can use your responses for the purposes we've mentioned above.