What we offer
The position is for our German-based Joint Venture with Volkswagen Group (CARIAD), offering global carmakers a full spectrum of connected vehicle platforms and mobility services. Successful candidates will be expected to work in an international environment and spend a few weeks in Germany.
You’ll be a member of the international connected car team. We are proud of what we have created in the domain of connected cars, managing more than 21+ Million vehicles on our platform and providing more than 50+ various connected car services (infotainment, telematics, V2X/Car2x). The connected vehicle platform is provided on-premises and as a cloud solution on AWS and AZURE. We also support your development through our internal portal called the Academy. So, get in touch if you’re looking to work for the best German carmakers on challenging projects in a culture that prizes freedom and responsibility.
Personal and professional development
/ Internal workshops & learning initiatives via Academy and online portals
/ German language classes compensation
/ Professional certifications reimbursement
/ Participation in professional local & global communities
/ Growth and development possibilities
We are looking for an Android Developer with at least 5+ years of experience in app development.
You will be working as part of an international team to design and create Android Automotive Apps for the best carmakers in the world based on the Android Open-Source Project stack. We would like you to bring in your knowledge and experience in contributing to the delivery excellency connected car team.
These tasks await you
- You will be part of our Scrum team, coordinating your solutions with product owners, architects and developers from other teams or discussing feature requests and ideas
- Develop Android apps, based on current technologies such as Kotlin, Koin, Cucumber and Android 12 (Automotive)
- Conception and design of next-generation in-car experiences
- Close collaboration with our agile development teams
As an ideal applicant, you bring along
- Completed training or studies in computer science or a comparable qualification
- Experience with Gradle is desirable
- The initiative, strong communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Fluent English (spoken and written)
- Willingness to travel is an advantage
At Valtech, we’re here to engineer experiences that work and reach every single person. To do this, we are proactive about creating workplaces that work for every person at Valtech. Our goal is to create an equitable workplace which gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be). You can find out more about what we’re doing to create a Valtech for everyone here.
Please do not worry if you do not meet all of the criteria or if you have some gaps in your CV. We’d love to hear from you and see if you’re our next member of the Valtech team!