At Valtech, we imagine and create the world of tomorrow!
With more than 5,000 innovative profiles, creatives, developers, designers and digital experts working in its 50 offices around the world, Valtech distinguishes itself by its end-user centric approach and its innovation process. With its values of sharing, boldness and authenticity, Valtech makes sure to put the human element at the heart of the digital experiences it develops - for its clients as well as for its employees.
At Valtech_Commerce, we are more than 300 employees who are passionate about e-commerce. By joining us, you'll be part of a company that puts people first and you'll be able to grow and evolve with access to a global network of innovators.
What you will do:
The Data Protection Analyst will work hand-in-hand with Project Manager, Solutions Architects, Cybersecurity Analysts and dev teams on major eCommerce projects in B2C and B2B. The analyst will provide technical recommendations for our client’s compliance with privacy legislation. These include, the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"), the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (known as "PIPEDA"), the Act to Modernize the Personal Information Protection Laws of Quebec (Bill 25"), the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA/CPRA") and other similar legislation around the world.
- Provide guidance to clients on their privacy and data protection compliance position.
- Evaluate and establish partnerships with third party providers of data protection technology solutions such as CMPs.
- Develop a prioritized action plan and recommend appropriate measures to help clients comply with privacy and data protection regulations and best practices.
- Establish guidelines and recommendations to clients to ensure compliant technology implementation related to data protection.
- Monitor changes in legislation, making recommendations as necessary to support clients in their compliance.
- Implement and manage the privacy compliance program.
- Act as a subject matter expert in the review and development of privacy and security policies and procedures.
- Conduct privacy and data protection impact assessments for clients.
- Develop and provide awareness and training to staff on privacy and data protection.
- Support the sales function in engineering sales related to privacy services, which may include assisting with proposal writing and attending meetings with prospects.
What you should have:
- Minimum 5 years of regulatory compliance, cybersecurity and/or project management experience.
- Minimum 2 years of direct experience in data protection and privacy.
- Strong knowledge of Canadian and provincial privacy legislation (PIPEDA, Act 25, GDPR, CCPA/CPRA).
- Knowledge of other related privacy legislation is an asset (i.e. ePrivacy, HIPPA, etc...)
- General knowledge of the cybersecurity threat landscape and computer security systems.
- Experience in eCommerce and online customer journey is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in civil and/or common law is a plus.
- Privacy and/or project management certifications (e.g., ISO27001/27701 Lead Implementor, CIPP/E, CIPP/US, CIPP/C, CIPM, CIPT...) is a plus.
- Knowledge of one or more major economic sectors (banking-insurance, distribution, industry, etc.) is an asset.
- Perfect bilingualism in English and French is mandatory.
- Flexible PTO Policy!
- Valtech_ is lucky to collaborate with amazing organizations (local to global). If you want to learn and grow as an eCommerce specialist, this is the place for you.
- Flexible schedule, with a 37.5 hour work week.
- The possibility to work remotely and $500 to outfit your home office when you first start.
- The possibility to work from wherever you want (subject to approval).
- Life, medical and dental insurance with 24/7 access to counseling and telemedicine & an employee assistance program (EAP).
- Company contribution to your retirement savings.
- A community of supportive people (from your day-to-day colleagues to the company owners).
- Offices all across the globe including in Montreal and in Sainte-Thérèse, on the northshore of Montreal.
- A strong corporate culture where the values Share, Dare and Care are a part of the company’s DNA.