Executive Director - Client Partnership
Location: UK - Hybrid / Remote Working
A few words about us:
First things first… What will you become a part of? Valtech is a global digital agency focused on business transformation. We enable clients to anticipate tomorrow’s trends and connect more directly with their consumers across digital and physical touchpoints.
We deliver innovation with a purpose. With expertise across experience design, technology and marketing, our passion is in addressing transformational business challenges for our clients. Challenges where we re-imagine the customer journey and build new connected experiences. Challenges where we make data work in this new era and help our clients transform the way they operate and optimise business-critical digital platforms for multichannel commerce and marketing.
From discovery to optimisation, clients trust Valtech to remove complexity and deliver innovative, frictionless solutions that close the experience gap between customer expectation and reality. We are a network of more than 5,000 makers, thinkers, marketers, creatives, and developers spanning 5 continents with 50+ offices in 22 countries.
In Europe we have recently created four sub-regions out of 8 individual countries to remove barriers to collaboration and make a progression towards a truly global business without borders. During this process we have brought together the UK and The Netherlands to create North-Western Europe. This role would site in the executive team for the new sub-region.
The Client Partnership function has evolved over the last 12 months, moving from account management to a strategic consultancy function that builds multi-strand, multi-year programmes for Valtech, enabling growth by bringing the best of Valtech to solve key client challenges. The team’s role is to know their client, its objectives, strategy and desired outcomes and ensure that we are seen as our clients’ most valued partner.
The Executive Director, Client Partnership is responsible for developing the client partnership function across North-Western Europe. You will oversee and directly impact our client portfolio, driving client growth and developing long term, strategic engagements. You will lead a senior team of Client Partners and Client Leads who can engage with C-Suite stakeholders and help them achieve their goals.
You will act as a trusted advisor to senior clients ensuring they have both the confidence to give Valtech their business and providing them with the innovative solutions and sound strategic advice that keeps them giving us more.
You will set the standard across client partnership in terms of best practice, service levels and consultancy approach, leading and shaping the client partnership team and setting standards across the broader business to ensure that relationships continue to thrive as we scale. You will be responsible for setting and hitting the revenue targets for the North-Western Europe client portfolio.
This is a senior role within Valtech reporting to the Managing Director. As part of the Executive team, you will have a broader leadership role within the business, helping ensure Valtech is delivering against its OKRs, building an open, inclusive and collaborative culture and supporting decision making in the best interests of the business and our people.
What you will be doing:
- Provide strategic guidance to existing and potential clients.
- Act as executive sponsor on key identified clients
- Build a deep knowledge of Valtech and its capabilities in order to help match client challenges to the right people, teams and capabilities to solve them.
- Be a connector, bringing together talent from within the NWE and the broader Valtech business, encouraging them to work together to open up new opportunities and create better solutions
- Be an evangelist for digital experience and commerce, immersed in the latest developments in this field and be able to extrapolate out to how they might be applicable to our client’s business.
- Be constantly developing a wide frame of knowledge, and opinion on our client’s business sectors and future development within it.
- Constantly evolve your own leadership skills to best lead and influence our people and clients
Team Building and Development
- Build the client partnership team to ensure excellent strategic client consultancy, and to encourage the best standard of work.
- Ensure that our client partnership team are equal and worthy advisors to their counterparts in our clients’ business.
- Act as a guide and leader to a senior client partnership team, supporting the development of commercial and consultancy skills to drive better outcomes
- Work with the Executive Director, Operations to ensure you have the right management information to direct your own efforts and those of the team.
- Support and coach the Client partnership team with client negotiation and personally work with the Exec Director, Operations and FD on contract and fee negotiations to ensure Valtech has the right fee models in place and is properly recovering time spent developing the client.
New Business and Leadership
- One of the key faces of the Agency internally and externally, a spokesperson and champion for Valtech
- Support and where relevant lead significant pitches
Business and People Management
- Works with the MD and rest of the Executive Team to create a strong business culture that retains and engages our people,
- Helps set and drive OKRs and supporting key initiatives to achieve business objectives
- Lead by example and set expectations of SMT and other leaders
- 10+ years’ experience in Senior Client facing roles within the digital agency/tech professional services industry
- Experience working with large, multi-national clients across a range of industries
- Confident leading the creation and building complex digital products and solutions within an agency environment
- Strong business and commercial acumen
- Growth orientated and confident looking for opportunities to expand and develop existing client relationships
What can you expect from us:
At Valtech you’ll become part of our exceptional team of more than 5,000 talented innovators, design thinkers, marketers, creatives, and engineers. We interact across countries, disciplines, trades, roles and teams. We are consultants before anything else and take ownership of our own work, clients, and careers. We provide everyone with a large degree of freedom - in return, we expect an equally high degree of accountability and dedication. We transform by doing and are insanely passionate about improving the end user experience. We are a people company. We share our knowledge and learnings, we dare to speak up and take risks. And we care deeply about one another, our clients, and the world around us.
We have from our very beginning always worked hard on providing everyone within our organisation the opportunity to grow and transform their job opportunities and career paths across the world. From graduates to seasoned professionals who are experts in their field. Valtech will always be recognised not just for the quality of the work we deliver, but for all the amazing people that make it happen. We don’t just talk about how to get things done; we really do transform by doing.
Here at Valtech we’re big believers that our staff are our most important asset, and as such we want to make sure we look after you. As well as all the usual corporate benefits (hybrid & flexible working, pension, life insurance, 25 days holiday, phone, laptop, BUPA private healthcare & dental etc), we pride ourselves on our commitment to continuous learning and development, which means you’ll have a clear growth and development path, alongside access to professional coaching and online learning courses.
You’ll be joining an inclusive and diverse workforce, working on truly exciting projects with collaborative teams at a local and global level, with a big focus on health and social well-being (free office lunches, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, eye tests, Flu Jab, regular Company Days and staff parties).
We appreciate that interviews can be daunting. At Valtech we aim to make the interview process an approachable, two-way conversation, that allows us to get to know you and for you to get to know us. As part of our efforts to ensure the recruitment process is fair and consistent, we have put in place measures and initiatives to ensure we are not rating people differently due to our own bias.
If you would like to know more about our recruitment framework, click here.
Diversity and Inclusion at Valtech
At Valtech, we’re here to engineer experiences that work and reach every single person. To do this, we are proactive about creating workplaces that work for every person at Valtech. Our goal is to create an equitable workplace which gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be).
As part of this work, we’re sharing an optional anonymous survey with you after your application. This survey will help us better understand the people who apply to work at Valtech. It'll help us see how different demographics progress through our hiring process, and where we need to make improvements to give them a better chance of succeeding. If you choose to fill it out, all of the information you give us is:
- Voluntary. And we've included a "prefer not to say" option for every question. It'd be helpful if you still fill out the survey even if you choose "prefer not to say" for every question, as it's useful for us to understand & record this. We won't know if you choose to fill this survey in or not
- Anonymous to Valtech. We can't tie your responses to you and they won't make a difference to the outcome of your application. We'll only use grouped responses for equal opportunities monitoring in our hiring process
For more information on how we'll use this data, please read our candidate privacy notice.
By filling out the survey, you agree that we can use your responses for the purposes we've mentioned above.