Experienced Java Developer with Kafka Expertise for Connected Car Projects
What we offer
The position is for our German-based Joint Venture with Volkswagen Group (CARIAD), offering global carmakers a full spectrum of connected vehicle platforms and mobility services. Successful candidates will be expected to work in an international environment and spend a few weeks in Germany.
You’ll be a member of the international connected car team. We are proud of what we have created in the domain of connected cars, managing more than 21+ Million vehicles on our platform and providing more than 50+ various connected car services (infotainment, telematics, V2X/Car2x). The connected vehicle platform is provided on-premises and as a cloud solution on AWS and AZURE. We also support your development through our internal portal called the Academy. So, get in touch if you’re looking to work for the best German carmakers on challenging projects in a culture that prizes freedom and responsibility.
Personal and professional development
/ Internal workshops & learning initiatives via Academy and online portals
/ German language classes compensation
/ Professional certifications reimbursement
/ Participation in professional local & global communities
/ Growth and development possibilities
We are looking for an Experienced Backend Developer with at least 5+ years of experience in Java and SpringBoot and a minimum of 3+ years of working with Kafka.
You will be working as part of a cross-functional team that takes responsibility for their applications throughout the full lifecycle. The team is currently working with a focus on design and development and will expand its focus to operational and automation aspects. We would like you to bring in your knowledge and experience to contribute to delivering excellency by the connected car team.
Mandatory mindset, skillset and experience
- Applicants need to bring a mindset of taking responsibility for their work from design, through implementation and into operations
- Development experience in Java stack
- Background and relevant current experience in a hands-on Platform Engineering role are needed
- Experience in implementing and operating on Kubernetes-based deployments
- Solid Kafka experience, MQTT experience is also desired
- Experience with web technologies such as REST
- Experience working in agile teams, possibly with methodologies like Scrum, Kanban, SAFe or similar
- Experience with microservice architecture and container technologies such as
- Willingness to work closely with team members, share responsibility, work, and praise
- Willingness to learn about the content of the delivered applications, invest in building domain knowledge and becoming a subject matter expert
- Good communication skills, good command of English and willingness to work in a globally distributed team
Ideal candidates should also have
- Experience of using monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Grafana and Loki
- Knowledge of Bazel
- Experience with automation of software integration, testing, delivery, and deployment
- Implementation experience of the environment on Cloud platform (AWS)
- Understanding of security techniques including Firewalls/Security Groups, Threat Modelling, and Dependency Management.
What is important is having some of the skills, but also having ideas to bring to the table, wanting to have input into how we do things and wanting to pick up new skills along the way.
At Valtech, we’re here to engineer experiences that work and reach every single person. To do this, we are proactive about creating workplaces that work for every person at Valtech. Our goal is to create an equitable workplace which gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be). You can find out more about what we’re doing to create a Valtech for everyone here.
Please do not worry if you do not meet all of the criteria or if you have some gaps in your CV. We’d love to hear from you and see if you’re our next member of the Valtech team!