Valtech is a global company focused on business transformation powered by digital innovation. With more than 6.000 doer’s and maker’s working out from our 60+ offices in 20 countries, Valtech has established itself as one of the largest independent global groups aiming at creating digital experiences that improves human lives while transforming the future of our clients’ businesses. We work with some of the world’s best-known brands from across the retail, manufacturing, distribution, mobility, travel, health, public and finance sectors. And our promise to the market is that we get things done. Together. We transform by doing!
We have over the years created an energising workplace, where we operate under the guiding principles of craftsmanship, autonomy, trust, inclusiveness, openness and accountability. Within our industry there are many agencies that offer the same tools and methodologies that we do. The secret to our continued success is our people.
Our growth ambitions and our move into the space of the elite, global digital agencies, won’t be driven by us discovering a new platform or system that no one else has, or that we master all sorts of services. It will be because we have the best, most knowledgeable, most committed, most passionate and most trustworthy people onboard.
Lead Site Reliability Engineer
- A proven background in Reliability, covering Observability, Reliability and Performance.
- Commercial experience of observability, from data ingestion to alerting and issue resolution. Elastic highly desirable but AppDynamics, Datadog etc considered.
- Comfortable with logging frameworks, log manipulation and shipping.
- Capable of designing, testing and implementing resilience on new and existing AWS solutions.
- Performance testing a bonus but not a must have.
- Comfortable coding in one or more languages such as Python, Go, Java, NodeJS etc.
- Commercial experience of using AWS Services including EC2, ECS, Serverless (Lambda);
- You’ll know how to debug a complex, high availability production environments;
Networking knowledge, load balancing, TCP/HTTP etc.;
- Comfortable with Linux operating systems and able to create and maintain shell scripts
- Demonstrable range of in-depth technical knowledge/experience of handling complex software and platform architectures;
- In-depth level of technical knowledge/experience in building cloud solutions that have security, reliability, scalability, high availability and concurrency built-in from the outset.
- Background and relevant current experience in a hands-on Observability/SRE/Platform Engineering role is needed;
- Knowledge of IaaS deployment tools such as Terraform;
- Competent in using source control, preferably Git based.
- Elastic Observability or OpenTelemetry experience
- Working knowledge of continuous integration systems such as Jenkins and GitLab;
- Elasticsearch internals experience a big plus.
- Performance Test experience.
- AWS Certification.
- Docker development experience is desirable.
As a Lead Site Reliability Engineer you’ll be expected to:
- Develop and maintain Observability solutions using Elastic Observability and OpenTelemetry.
- Design, test and implement resilience on new and existing AWS solutions.
- Assist tribes with performance testing.
- Build and maintain solutions developed on AWS.
- Help the tribes enable observability features and develop solutions where none currently exist. Also document the process for future reference.
- Assist on the creation and maintenance of pipelines to manage the observability components;
- Monitor and reporting usage of our cloud solutions;
- Advise on the selection of the most appropriate technologies for the task;
- Ensure delivery pipeline for your IaaS code has optimal quality controls built-in to support testing, deployment, reporting and task management;
- Make a selection of appropriate quality controls to complete assigned tasks, including; code driven deployment; infrastructure deployment; automated testing; and effective operational monitoring,
- alerting and incident responses;
- Supply appropriate information and analysis to support resolution of issues and incidents with the tribes Observability.
As a consultant and as a binding part between developers and our clients you are expected to develop expertise both in technology and the means to communicate complex concepts and rationale to non-techies. We’ll encourage and support this with frequent opportunities to share ideas internally. We also have consultants who frequently deliver at regional, national and global conferences
What do we offer in return?
Private Health Insurance
We hope you will never need it, but nevertheless, we offer private health insurance to all our employees.
We never stop learning, that’s why we offer our employees an educational program with training and certification.
We all deserve to live a healthy and well-balanced life. It's not an option, it's a necessity!
One simple rule
We really want you to enjoy your work, so we set up one simple rule, that none of our teammates will work on the same project for a very long time in the same industry, but will always be following the latest technology standards. You can never get bored working at Valtech!
Work from home
Our jobs wrap around our lives – not the other way around. Wherever you feel you can be most comfortable and productive as well, we make sure to respect your choice.
We enjoy spending time together, not only at work. Ski trips, carting, laser-tag, wine tasting, picnics, cooking classes… you name it – we’ve done it! There are plenty of cool events to join and to get to know your colleagues.
Besides a very competitive salary and additional vacation days, you will join annual company events with the whole team.
Company sponsored Multisport card
Ready for a challenge? We guarantee you’ll find challenging projects at Valtech!
What’s the most important thing in a job? Cool colleagues with whom you spent most of the time during the week. We have a lot of them!
Honesty, openness and respect are among our core values. We encourage an open feedback culture in order to build trust and grow together.
We SHARE our knowledge with our clients and colleagues all over the world. We value different opinions and embrace open discussions. We DARE to go into unknown territories. We dare to speak up and be totally honest. We CARE about the end user experience, about our clients' businesses and about the quality of the things we make. We want to make the world a better place through the work we do.
25 vacation days
... and a lot of fun and growing opportunities