Marketing Science Analyst
What we are looking for:
Valtech is seeking a data-minded Marketing Analyst with experience in measurement, data, analytics, dashboards, optimization & SEO. We are looking for individuals with a passion for helping solve clients’ challenges through data and attain an ROI from their digital investments & data sets.
This is an exciting opportunity to grow your skills and work with a fantastic roster of clients within an expanding Marketing Science practice at Valtech. We place a strong emphasis on KPIs, measurement, and tagging across the customer journey, with an experiment-driven approach. You’ll be hands-on with a variety of platforms including Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Episerver, Sitecore, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Optimizely, and others (feel free to bring your favorite tools into the mix).
Your day will have immense variety; you’ll be running client workshops, designing tagging strategies, mining data for opportunities, and reporting on campaign performance. There will be plenty of opportunities to apply your strategic and analytical skills to link tactics and experiments to revenue and conversion lift, in a variety of client and vertical contexts.
If you’re interested in data science or machine learning, we’re working on applying those techniques to marketing data as well! Most importantly, you love to tell data-driven stories of measurable improvements to digital performance.
- We offer competitive compensation, Group Benefit Plan, and a Health & Wellness program ($1000 toward mental health!)
- Flexible Paid Time Off under Valtech’s policy to support your work-life balance
- Monthly events with an active culture club
- We close over the winter holidays and keep summer hours to help you make the most of those sunny Friday afternoons
What you will do:
You will be working closely with colleagues across North America and the role breaks down into two large buckets:
Billable client work including but not limited to:
- Delivery of workshops to define KPIs, digital objectives, project requirements, and education on digital best practices
- Delivery and implementation of optimization roadmaps and experiments
- Delivery and implementation of data strategy, data layer design, and tagging plan
- Delivery and implementation of dashboards & ongoing reports
- Delivery and implementation of marketing automation plan
- Delivery and implementation of SEO recommendations & enhancements
- Research into the latest practices, tools, and approaches to make informed recommendations
- Providing general guidance and expertise to our clients as a trusted advisor
- Non-billable work to produce thought leadership and provide sales support defining early opportunities
- Travel within Canada and US is expected to deliver client workshops (pre-COVID 19).
What you should have:
- Experience with analytics tools such as Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Adwords,
- Experience presenting to stakeholders and delivering workshops and training engagements
- Understanding of the digital marketing space, including popular tools and common channel strategies spanning web, email, social and mobile
- Experience in configuring and using Google Tag Manager & Google Analytics to understand visitor behavior and identify opportunities for optimization
- Understanding of audience segmentation and content targeting to segments
- Experience developing and prioritizing KPIs to measure a program, initiative, or project
- Understanding of marketing strategy and optimization tactics including personalization, SEO, A|B testing automation
- Experience embedding analytics and optimization within larger digital delivery projects
- Experience with DXPs such as Sitecore, Episerver, Salesforce Commerce Cloud
- Familiarity with SEO / optimization tools such as Semrush, CrazyEgg, HotJar
Nice to have:
- Experience in a consulting or client services environment (>2 years)
- Experience with dashboard tools such as Google Data Studio, PowerBI, Tableau
- Marketing Automation experience (Marketo, Pardot, Episerver, etc.)
Here’s a little about us: