At Valtech, we imagine and create the world of tomorrow!
With more than 4,000 digital innovators, creative minds, developers, designers, and experts working in 50 offices around the world, Valtech is known for its end-user-focused approach and its innovative spirit.
At Valtech, we are passionate about our three values: Share, Dare, and Care. And we’re always thinking about the people behind our digital projects, whether they’re our clients or our employees.
In Montreal, the Valtech family’s hub of innovation, we’re a passionate group with one objective in mind: to create unique and personalized experiences to help our clients grow and to improve their lives!
What we are looking for:
As part of the GIP (Growth investment Program), the People Manager’s mission as well as its team’s mission is to consolidate, scale new selected Commerce/Composable platforms and merging technologies. The GIP also has the ambition to scale mature technologies and platforms.
You job is to maximize utilization of talent and assign the right experts to the different Circles in need. He/She/They is a proactive and creative solutionist, responsible for capacity planning, and identifying staffing efficiencies across the organization. He/She/They is a people person and will leverage excellent interpersonal skills to collaborate with Valtech employees at all levels of the organization as you predict, prepare, and solve resource shortage and surplus needs. He/She/They shapes teams finding the sweet spot between employee’s skills, personal development and project requirements. There is a large training component for experts in the GIP, and the People Manager is expected to ensure the experts motivation and level of occupation with training while on the bench.
Before we continue to dive into the requirements for the role let’s talk about
Why you should join Valtech?
- Flexibility: We trust in the expertise, skills, and actions of our colleagues. That’s why we provide a flexible work schedule that supports work/life balance.
- Career Advancement: We offer a career, not just a job. We invest in the personal and professional growth of every employee because we believe growth leads to both business impact and personal fulfillment.
- Learning and Development: We foster a culture that encourages and promotes professional growth and development, with continuous learning through our in house LMS (Ask us about the Academy)
Back to the role:
The GIP (Growth investment Program) is an initiative and investment from Valtech North America. Its goal is to be ready with skilled experts at hand, when winning new projects.
- Ability to manage experts in several time zones
- Documentation of current processes and their improvement
- Establishment of governance
- Partner with Directors, Capability Leads, Recruiting, and People
- Management teams to staff projects with appropriate resources promptly and accurately
- Collaborate with People Management, Operations, and Finance, to implement organizational strategies, policies, and processes
- Accurately assess and communicate current (day-to-day) and future talent needs and capacity concerns; maximize utilization across project teams
- Develop and maintain the proper understanding and knowledge of the company’s practices and services in order to make informed choices
- Understand capabilities (skill sets) and interests of resources, factor information into staffing decisions
- Create, maintain, analyze and provide reports pertaining to resource utilization, availability, time-sheet compliance and staffing trends
- Solicit feedback on the staffing process and adjust as necessary
- Lead resource management meetings and initiatives
- Communicate policies and procedures as they relate to resource management
- 5+ years of Industry experience; Proven ability to manage complex initiatives to successful completion
- 3+ years of Resource Management experience; ability to effectively work in a “matrixed” environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Collaborative, yet can drive to decisions and results
- Quick, creative problem solver who works well under pressure
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Relationship management and influencing skills. Ability to interact, manage and influence key stakeholders ranging from senior leaders to entry-level talent
- Strong organizational, planning, and multi-tasking skills; detail oriented
- Strong communication skills — written and verbal/presentation; able to take complex issues or situations and present them in a simple and easy to follow manner
- Strong organizational awareness and change management skills
- Ability to create and link the big picture to tactical program components
- Knowledge of process improvement and facilitation
- Absolute professionalism and confidentiality
1611 Boul Crémazie E, Montréal, Montréal, QC, Canada
Employees can work remotely