Description de l’entreprise :
At Valtech, we imagine and create the world of tomorrow!
With more than 5,000 digital innovators, creative minds, developers, designers, and experts working in 62 offices around the world, Valtech is known for its end-user-focused approach and its innovative spirit.
At Valtech, we are passionate about our three values: Share, Dare, and Care. And we’re always thinking about the people behind our digital projects, whether they’re our clients or our employees.
In Montreal, the Valtech family’s hub of innovation, we’re a passionate group with one objective in mind: to create unique and personalized experiences to help our clients grow and to improve their lives!
The Portfolio Director at Valtech acts as a Team Captain and provides leadership to a Circle. As a Portfolio Director, you have the responsibility to guide your team through thick and thin. You are always ensuring that your team happiness is at an all-time high and that deliveries are too! Your role is to ensure that overall team performance is going above and beyond client expectations. You can think short, medium, and long term on the Circle’s needs.
In close collaboration with the Account Directors of the Client Circle, you will have the opportunity to coordinate the appropriate operations on the accounts. Project managers, Expertise Leads and the Managing Director can also be pillars of support to the Team Captain.
When making decisions, it is your responsibility to put in practice the advice process. This process ensures that everyone who will be meaningfully affected, and people with expertise in the matter, will be consulted to inform the decision that needs to be made. It is about accessing collective wisdom in pursuit of a sound decision.
- You have a key role in the management of various projects to identify and play with new platforms in Commerce/Composable and other emerging technologies.
- You participate in defines rituals and ensure compliance with KPI targets.
- Align client expectations with team delivery for all client work
- Manage working conditions for the team, including short term staff issues and long-term team composition and team motivation
- Align priorities and workload with the Account Director(s)
- Provide detailed reporting and forecasts for short, medium and long-term goals
- Control the Circle’s health and performance, and take appropriate actions based on the advice process.
- Onboarding in the Client Circle and making sure that the workspace and tools are ready
- If need be, you can get your hands dirty and participate in project management.
- Time-off approvals (in collaboration with the Project Managers)
- Help with conflict resolution, based on the advice process
- Caring of your team members
- Performance reviews, salary increase recommendations, hiring
- Strong communication skills - written and oral, in both English and French.
- You have experience in a management or leadership role.
- You have experience in project management.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience within the Project Management field, with several years in an agency working on digital projects.
- 5+ years of experience in Program and/or Portfolio management
- Strong interpersonal and consensus-building skills and good negotiation skills.
- Strong ability to manage priorities, deadlines, and planning.
- Strong customer service skills and ability to interact with both internal and external collaborators.
- You are results oriented, focused on achieving goals and results by never letting obstacles hold you back.
- You are quality focused, setting high quality standards for products and services and never compromising for less.
- You have organizational sensitivity, recognizing the effects of one’s decisions or activities on other areas of the organization – we’re all in this together!
- You give feedback by sharing observers’ insights on how others are progressing.
- You create a support base, involving others in decisions that will have an impact on them and creating support and commitment for the proposed change.
- You have helicopter view, seeing the bigger picture.
- You have situational awareness, having eyes and ears always connected to the team and effectively shaping the organization.
- You are service-oriented, focused on supporting others in their goals.
- Sense of sensitivity, recognizing and responding to intentions, motives, and feelings of others.
- Our high regard for life outside of work.
- Our values of authenticity and diversity.
- Our varied projects, which may involve working with colleagues on the other side of the world!
- Our intrapreneurial mindset, which encourages initiative from all employees.
- Our innovation programs and openness to new ideas.
- Our social activities, the relaxed atmosphere, and the desire that everyone has a place in the agency.