There’s something holding us back. And we hope you can take it away.
We’re looking for an experienced Scrum Master for our office in Utrecht; someone who can help set up the Scrum process and coach and guide our project teams to deliver maximum value for our clients. Clients like American Airlines, Audi, Bayer, Heineken, Philips, Shimano and Volkswagen.
Who we are
Valtech is a digital agency that helps the world’s best and most demanding brands with strategy, consulting, service design, technical implementation and digital marketing. We manage online experiences and incorporate them into existing ecosystems, so we can make them better, nicer, more efficient and more effective. Through this we make our clients and their end-users happy – and, not unimportantly, ourselves, too. Working with over 2,000 colleagues, we do the thing we love most every day: creating online experiences.
What do we expect of you?
For this role, you’ll need an affinity for technology and the ability to manage yourself. You’ll also need excellent coaching skills. This means:
- being fully tuned into your team’s needs
- allowing your team to make mistakes if it means they will learn from them
- actively involving your team in your projects
- understanding the development of your team
- encouraging your team to own the process, the backlog and the environment
- recognising and resolving possible conflicts
- supporting and training product owners, team members and stakeholders, and, of course
- removing any impediments to success
Who are you?
We’re demanding. We’re looking for someone with knowledge of the field, an enthusiasm for clients and relentless determination. We only employ the best people, which our clients know. This means we can offer you really interesting assignments, mostly working from our office, but sometimes based at the client’s location. Here are some of the other things we’re looking for:
- A Dutch HBO or WO qualification
- 2 to 5 years’ experience as a scrum master working on online projects in complex environments
- The ability to work with multiple scrum teams on 1 project (scale framework)
- Good spoken and written English and Dutch
- Experience in setting up and facilitating the Scrum process
- Flexibility and the ability to switch, prioritise and connect with others easily
- A Professional Scrum Master certificate (PSM)
- Experience with other Agile techniques (such as Kanban) is a definite plus.
What do we offer in return?
We offer a good employment package and loads of space to develop yourself. You decide how fast your career moves and how your salary grows. Nor will you be on your own, because we also offer plenty of internal support. You learn on projects every day and you can take courses at our in-house Academy. You can also, in consultation with your manager, follow a work-related course offered by an external provider. And because working, learning and private life are increasingly entwined, you can organise your working hours flexibly. This way you can employ your creativity when you’re at your most creative.
**Only candidates with a valid residence- and work permit are invited to apply**
No recruitment agencies please. We’ll fill this vacancy ourselves.