Valtech is looking for a Technical Director with extensive experience of Digital Platforms. This can be gained from using Sitecore or Adobe or Bloomreach or Optimizely or Episerver. Are you passionate about delivering the best in class DXP solutions and leading a community of talented developers and architects. Do you have an eye for the user in everything you deliver and does it excite you to get things done in close collaboration with people around the globe? Are you based in the Netherlands? Would you like to work from the comfort of your home and have the opportunity to visit our office in Utrecht or Eindhoven occasionally? Then you might be the person we’re looking for! Keep reading to find out.
A day in the life of a Technical Director
As a Technical Director for DXP you will fulfil an essential and high profile role. You will be responsible for the successful delivery of our DXP solutions across our UK & Netherlands regions by continuous collaboration with our technical & delivery teams and of course the customer. On a day-to-day basis you will be the one to provide thought leadership in the DXP space as well as owning technical governance and technical vision for those client’s solutions. Luckily you will not have to do this all by yourself. You will work closely with our architects, developers, programme directors and client strategy teams.
In addition, you will be :
- Gathering, generating and synthesising strong opinions & thought leadership on DXP technology trends to influence & shape internal and client strategy.
- Supporting client engagements directly by assuring technical work done for our clients is in line with Valtech and our client’s technology standards and expectations.
- Acting as a technical escalation point for issues that occur within the assigned clients.
- Supporting our sales, marketing and account management teams both in exploring opportunities for growth within our current clients and in delivering bids and proposals.
- Strengthening the UK’s and the Netherlands' technical presence and involvement within the global Valtech community as well as sponsoring technical events with our partners.
- Sponsoring 1-2 Craft Circles (Communities of Practice)
You and the role
You are someone with extensive experience in the field of DXP and most likely with a career evolution from developer to architect to technical director. Taking the lead and proactively setting things in motion is something that you feel comfortable doing. In previous environments people would come to you for technical assurance across all stages of the lifecycle from pre-sales to post implementation.
We would love if you have
- Expert knowledge of DXP platforms e.g. Sitecore, Adobe, Bloomreach, Optimizely or Episerver.
- A number of years as a Principle Architect or Technical Director building DXP platforms.
- A leader with the ability to inspire both the customer and our teams.
- Genuine passion for DXP technology. Someone who ‘get’s it’ and the benefits it will bring to the customer and end user.
- A we-before-me mentality and always keen to be celebrating successes together.
What you can expect from us
- A competitive market salary.
- A hybrid workplace: flexibility to combine working at home with working at one of our offices in Utrecht or Eindhoven.
- An international environment that respects diversity, equality, and individuality.
- Freedom and opportunities to develop your hard and soft skills with some help from your team captain and our Academy.
- A comprehensive corporate benefits package that includes: pension, discounts on health insurance, travel allowance (every colleague receives an NS Business card), work from home budget (€ 60 per month).
- Regular company days and staff social meet ups.
In addition to the above benefits - we have more to offer. Our growth development program for example can help you excel in your existing profession or enable you to explore another. Also there are plenty of internal initiatives for you to take part in. Whether it's about improving Valtech as a business or contributing to the world around us, we encourage our employees to pursue their professional and personal ambitions.
Not only can you help us lead the experience revolution, but you can lead the change. The journey Valtech is on is ambitious and therefore opens doors. We have successfully launched over 1,500 projects and 9 MVPs. L'Oréal, Sanofi, EasyJet, Pandora and Volkswagen are among the projects. The more we grow – the more opportunities there are to take responsibility, implement your creative ideas, and be the innovator and driver to help move us, and our clients, forward.
Does it excite you to join Valtech on this journey? And would you like to become our next Technical Director?
Then apply today. We cannot wait to hear from you!