A few words about us:
First things first… What will you become a part of?
Valtech is a global digital agency focused on business transformation. We enable clients to anticipate tomorrow’s trends and connect more directly with their consumers across digital and physical touchpoints.
We deliver innovation with a purpose. With expertise across experience design, technology, data, and storytelling, our passion is in addressing transformational business challenges for our clients. Challenges where we re-imagine the customer journey and build new, connected experiences. Challenges where we make data work in this new era and help our clients transform the way they operate and optimize business-critical digital platforms for multichannel commerce and marketing.
From discovery to optimization, clients trust Valtech to remove complexity and deliver innovative, frictionless solutions that close the experience gap between customer expectations and reality. We are a network of more than 5,000 makers, thinkers, marketers, creatives, and developers spanning 5 continents with 50+ offices in 22 countries.
In Europe, we have recently created four sub-regions out of 8 individual countries to remove barriers to collaboration and make a progression towards a truly global business without borders. During this process, we have brought together the UK and The Netherlands to create North-Western Europe. This role would sit in the executive team for the new sub-region.
The Client Partnership function has evolved over the last 12 months, moving from account management to a strategic consultancy function that builds multi-strand, multi-year programmes for Valtech, enabling growth by bringing the best of Valtech to solve key client challenges. The team’s role is to know their client, its objectives, strategy, and desired outcomes and ensure that we are seen as our client’s most valued partner.
The Executive Director, Client Partnership is responsible for developing the client partnership function across North-Western Europe. You will oversee and directly impact our client portfolio, driving client growth and developing long-term, strategic engagements. You will lead a senior team of Client Partners and Client Leads who can engage with C-Suite stakeholders and help them achieve their goals.
You will act as a trusted advisor to senior clients ensuring they have both the confidence to give Valtech their business and providing them with the innovative solutions and sound strategic advice that keeps them giving us more.
You will set the standard across client partnerships in terms of best practice, service levels, and consultancy approach, leading and shaping the client partnership team and setting standards across the broader business to ensure that relationships continue to thrive as we scale. You will be responsible for setting and hitting the revenue targets for the North-Western Europe client portfolio.
This is a senior role within Valtech reporting to the Managing Director. As part of the Executive team, you will have a broader leadership role within the business, helping ensure Valtech is delivering against its OKRs, building an open, inclusive, and collaborative culture, and supporting decision-making in the best interests of the business and our people.
What you will be doing:
- Provide strategic guidance to existing and potential clients
- Act as executive sponsor on key identified clients
- Build a deep knowledge of Valtech and its capabilities in order to help match client challenges to the right people, teams, and capabilities to solve them
- Be a connector, bringing together talent from within the NWE and the broader Valtech business, encouraging them to work together to open up new opportunities and create better solutions
- Be an evangelist for digital experience and commerce, immersed in the latest developments in this field and be able to extrapolate out to how they might be applicable to our client’s business
- Be constantly developing a wide frame of knowledge and opinion on our client’s business sectors and future development within them
- Constantly evolve your own leadership skills to best lead and influence our people and clients
Team Building and Development
- Build the client partnership team to ensure excellent strategic client consultancy, and to encourage the best standard of work
- Ensure that our client partnership team are equal and worthy advisors to their counterparts in our client’s business
- Act as a guide and leader to a senior client partnership team, supporting the development of commercial and consultancy skills to drive better outcomes
- Work with the Executive Director, Operations to ensure you have the right management information to direct your own efforts and those of the team
- Support and coach the Client partnership team with client negotiation and personally work with the Exec Director, Operations, and FD on contract and fee negotiations to ensure Valtech has the right fee models in place and is properly recovering time spent developing the client
New Business and Leadership
- One of the key faces of the Agency internally and externally, a spokesperson and champion for Valtech
- Support and where relevant lead significant pitches
Business and People Management
- Works with the MD and the rest of the Executive Team to create a strong business culture that retains and engages our people
- Helps set and drive OKRs and support key initiatives to achieve business objectives
- Lead by example and set expectations for SMT and other leaders
- 10+ years’ experience in Senior Client facing roles within the digital agency/tech professional services industry
- Experience working with large, multi-national clients across a range of industries
- Confident in leading the creation and building of complex digital products and solutions within an agency environment
- Strong business and commercial acumen
- Growth orientated and confident looking for opportunities to expand and develop existing client relationships.
What can you expect from us?
At Valtech you’ll become part of our exceptional team of more than 5,000 talented innovators, design thinkers, marketers, creatives, and engineers. We interact across countries, disciplines, trades, roles, and teams. We are consultants before anything else and take ownership of our own work, clients, and careers. We provide everyone with a large degree of freedom - in return, we expect an equally high degree of accountability and dedication. We transform by doing and are insanely passionate about improving the end-user experience. We are a people company. We share our knowledge and learnings, we dare to speak up and take risks. And we care deeply about one another, our clients, and the world around us.
We have from our very beginning always worked hard on providing everyone within our organization the opportunity to grow and transform their job opportunities and career paths across the world. From graduates to seasoned professionals who are experts in their field. Valtech will always be recognized not just for the quality of the work we deliver, but for all the amazing people that make it happen. We don’t just talk about how to get things done; we really do transform by doing.
Aside from that, we offer you:
- A job at a fast-growing international company, that is constantly evolving.
You’ll never be bored!
- A comprehensive onboarding program through our internal Academy
- An international environment that respects diversity, equality, and individuality
- Freedom and opportunities to develop your hard and soft skills with some help from your team captain and our Academy
- A hybrid workplace: flexibility to combine working at home with working at one of our 4 offices
In addition, you’ll get:
- 25 vacation days. Want more? You can buy up to 10 days extra
- A pension plan
- Travel allowance (every colleague receives an NS Business Card)
- A group health insurance
- A laptop and mobile phone
- Work-from-home budget of € 55- per month
- A budget to make your workplace at home more comfortable
What does our recruitment process look like?
We appreciate that interviews can be daunting. At Valtech we aim to make the interview process an approachable, two-way conversation, that allows us to get to know you and for you to get to know us. As part of our efforts to ensure the recruitment process is fair and consistent, we have put in place measures and initiatives to ensure we are not rating people differently due to our own bias.
Outlined below, you can learn more about the different stages of our recruitment process:
1. Application received
2. CV/phone screening by Recruitment
3. CV screening by Hiring Manager
4. 1st (online) interview
5. 2nd (online) interview
6. 3rd Interview
*for some of our vacancies, an assessment or case is part of our process.
If you would like to know more about our recruitment framework, click here.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Valtech, we’re here to engineer experiences that work and reach every single person. To do this, we are proactive about creating workplaces that work for every person at Valtech. Our goal is to create an equitable workplace which gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be). You can find out more about what we’re doing to create a Valtech for everyone here.