A few words about us:
First things first… What will you become a part of?
Valtech is a global digital agency focused on business transformation. We enable clients to anticipate tomorrow’s trends and connect more directly with their consumers across digital and physical touchpoints.
We deliver innovation with a purpose. With expertise across experience design, technology, and marketing, our passion is in addressing transformational business challenges for our clients. Challenges where we re-imagine the customer journey and build new connected experiences. Challenges where we make data work in this new era and help our clients transform the way they operate and optimize business-critical digital platforms for multichannel commerce and marketing.
From discovery to optimization, clients trust Valtech to remove complexity and deliver innovative, frictionless solutions that close the experience gap between customer expectations and reality. We are a network of more than 5,000 makers, thinkers, marketers, creatives, and developers spanning 5 continents with 50+ offices in 22 countries.
We are currently seeking a Head of Delivery to drive our delivery practice forward. This person is integral in not only our day-to-day delivery operations but also in defining, executing, and maintaining our overall delivery strategy with a focus on both the client and employee experience. This role is located in the Netherlands.
What will you be doing?
As a part of the leadership team, the Head of Delivery will evaluate our definition of delivery excellence alongside the larger delivery community continually enhancing it to align with client needs and market needs. You will be an enabler by being forward-thinking and implementing standards, best-practice, and refined internal and external processes. You will be working alongside Valtech, and our partners, ensuring that we’re proud of our deliverables from sales, to solutions to execution and handover.
Meet the team:
Within Valtech, you will be part of a leadership team who executes our near and long-term strategy alongside our key values of share, dare and care. You will form positive and solution-oriented partnerships with our regional and global teams while building lasting results-driven relationships with our local communities. You are the agent of change within our local office.
What do we expect from you?
Our preferred candidate:
With +15 years of experience, the Head of Delivery is a solution and detail-oriented people-first leader. You’ve managed teams of over 50 with budgets beyond 20MM EUR. You’re an agent of change and understand the complexity that comes with it. You thrive on results and can define when and where to insert yourself into programmes, projects, and situations to ensure that they’re successful from a delivery, team, client, and financial health perspective.
- Managed the delivery of large (+10MM EUR) engagements across numerous industries and verticals with globally distributed teams.
- Experience with Agile team frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, Lean) and scaled Agile frameworks (SAFe, LeSS, Nexus, Scrum@Scale).
- You’ve accomplished challenging tasks in environments of ambiguity and complexity alongside numerous stakeholders while upholding and encouraging vision, drive, and diplomacy.
- Have been responsible for the success of the outcomes of large delivery teams (+50) and been able to proactively define when additional support is required.
- Evaluated, recommended, and implemented enhanced delivery processes with thorough change management applied.
- Experienced with defining data-driven approaches to internal decisions alongside the tooling/system requirements to enable them.
- You have experience and a thorough understanding of commercial and financial best practices and are able to identify areas of risk proactively and responsibly.
- You have defined and maintained the delivery hiring strategy based on existing and pipeline engagements.
- You’ve been an active participant in multi-market global proposals working alongside teams to define both the solution and lead the commercial and delivery strategy response.
- You have represented the best interests of your organization and your client/partner engagements throughout the community to large audiences inside and outside of your organization.
What can you expect from us?
At Valtech you’ll become part of our exceptional team of more than 5,000 talented innovators, design thinkers, creatives, and engineers.
We interact across countries, disciplines, trades, roles, and teams. We are consultants before anything else and take ownership of our own work, clients, and careers. We provide everyone with a large degree of freedom - in return, we expect an equally high degree of accountability and dedication.
We transform by doing and are insanely passionate about improving the end-user experience.
We are a people company. We share our knowledge and learnings; we dare to speak up and take risks.
And we care deeply about one another, our clients, and the world around us.
We have from our very beginning always worked hard on providing everyone within our organization the opportunity to grow and transform their job opportunities and career paths across the world.
From graduates to seasoned professionals who are experts in their field. Valtech will always be recognized not just for the quality of the work we deliver, but for all the amazing people that make it happen. We don’t just talk about how to get things done; we really do transform by doing.
Aside from that, we offer you:
- A job at a fast-growing international company, that is constantly evolving.
You’ll never be bored!
- A comprehensive onboarding program through our internal Academy
- An international environment that respects diversity, equality, and individuality
- Freedom and opportunities to develop your hard and soft skills with some help from your team captain and our Academy
- A hybrid workplace: flexibility to combine working at home with working at one of our 4 offices
In addition, you’ll get:
- 25 vacation days. Want more? You can buy up to 10 days extra
- A pension plan
- Travel allowance (every colleague receives an NS Business Card)
- A group health insurance
- A laptop and mobile phone
- Work-from-home budget of € 55- per month
- A budget to make your workplace at home more comfortable
What does our recruitment process look like?
We appreciate that interviews can be daunting. At Valtech we aim to make the interview process an approachable, two-way conversation, that allows us to get to know you and for you to get to know us. As part of our efforts to ensure the recruitment process is fair and consistent, we have put in place measures and initiatives to ensure we are not rating people differently due to our own bias.
Outlined below, you can learn more about the different stages of our recruitment process:
1. Application received
2. CV/phone screening by Recruitment & Hiring Team
3. 1st (online) interview
4. 2nd (online) interview
5. 3rd Interview (online/In-person)
To know more about our recruitment framework, click here.
If this sounds like your next challenge, then do send us your application already today!
Diversity & Inclusion
At Valtech, we’re here to engineer experiences that work and reach every single person. To do this, we are proactive about creating workplaces that work for every person at Valtech. Our goal is to create an equitable workplace which gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be). You can find out more about what we’re doing to create a Valtech for everyone here.