Location: UK - Hybrid / Remote Working
A few words about us:
First things first… What will you become a part of? Valtech is a global digital agency focused on business transformation. We enable clients to anticipate tomorrow’s trends and connect more directly with their consumers across digital and physical touchpoints.
We deliver innovation with a purpose. With expertise across experience design, technology and marketing, our passion is in addressing transformational business challenges for our clients. Challenges where we re-imagine the customer journey and build new connected experiences. Challenges where we make data work in this new era and help our clients transform the way they operate and optimise business-critical digital platforms for multichannel commerce and marketing.
From discovery to optimisation, clients trust Valtech to remove complexity and deliver innovative, frictionless solutions that close the experience gap between customer expectation and reality. We are a network of more than 5,000 makers, thinkers, marketers, creatives, and developers spanning 5 continents with 50+ offices in 22 countries.
As Bid Manager, you operate as a leader to manage and deliver quality proposals to our customer and prospects. The bid manager drives the bid team and the business to develop winning propositions that comply with our customers’ requirements. Working with the Sales Lead for an opportunity, this role is vital to the ongoing success of the business by outlining the bid strategy, plan and budget.
What you will be doing:
- Owning the new business process from start to finish.
- Maintaining, updating and enhancing the new business library.
- Carrying out retrospectives for each completed bid or pitch.
- Coaching bid / pitch teams.
- Supporting the New Business and Client Partnership teams working with existing clients and prospects.
- Organising the bid or pitch team, confirming roles and responsibilities, and creating the bid / pitch plan to meet the client timetable.
- Orchestrating activity through different phases of the new business process to make sure deliverables are completed in line with the bid / pitch requirements and that a winning proposition is submitted to the client.
- Engaging across the whole business to ensure that any issues or conflicts that get in the way of the new business process are resolved quickly and effectively.
- Planning, scheduling, monitoring and reporting on activities related to proposal development.
- Ensuring adherence to legally binding requirements and client’s long-term goals.
- Proposing and takes ownership for process improvement activities.
Specialist Skills & Requirements:
- Effective and experienced Bid Manager (or Business Development Manager / Executive)
- Strong, effective writing skills for bids, proposals and pitches
- Excellent MS skills including PowerPoint, Excel and Word, design software skills optional
- Proven track record in leading and facilitating multi-disciplinary teams to form effective bid or pitch teams
- Able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and to continually engage in improving the internal new business processes
- Understands the importance of process and structured ways of working
- A facilitator that can roll their sleeves up and do, not a philosopher
- Able to make things happen internally and externally
- Able to think strategically, marrying client challenges with agency capabilities
Specialist Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrable knowledge of commercial, financial and market related requirements for client proposals and tender responses
- Understanding of UX / design processes and the end-to-end software development lifecycle, knowledge about marketing services is advantageous
- Able to clearly represent a client’s requirements to a bid / pitch team
- Able to present a logical argument that helps persuade a customer to change aspects of their intended approach
- Operate as part of a team that conducts multi-level stakeholder management
- Current experience of selling into government clients, using frameworks and monitoring for new opportunities
- Current experience of selling to commercial sector clients, specifically retail, commerce and travel vertical experience would be advantageous
What can you expect from us:
At Valtech you’ll become part of our exceptional team of more than 5,000 talented innovators, design thinkers, marketers, creatives, and engineers. We interact across countries, disciplines, trades, roles and teams. We are consultants before anything else and take ownership of our own work, clients, and careers. We provide everyone with a large degree of freedom - in return, we expect an equally high degree of accountability and dedication. We transform by doing and insanely passionate about improving the end user experience. We are a people company. We share our knowledge and learnings, we dare to speak up and take risks. And we care deeply about one another, our clients, and the world around us.
We have from our very beginning always worked hard on providing everyone within our organisation the opportunity to grow and transform their job opportunities and career paths across the world. From graduates to seasoned professionals who are experts in their field. Valtech will always be recognised not just for the quality of the work we deliver, but for all the amazing people that make it happen. We don’t just talk about how to get things done; we really do transform by doing.
Here at Valtech we’re big believers that our staff are our most important asset, and as such we want to make sure we look after you. As well as all the usual corporate benefits (hybrid & flexible working, pension, life insurance, 25 days holiday, phone, laptop, BUPA private healthcare & dental etc), we pride ourselves on our commitment to continuous learning and development, which means you’ll have a clear growth and development path, alongside access to professional coaching and online learning courses.
You’ll be joining an inclusive and diverse workforce, working on truly exciting projects with collaborative teams at a local and global level, with a big focus on health and social well-being (free office lunches, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, eye tests, Flu Jab, regular Company Days and staff parties).
We appreciate that interviews can be daunting. At Valtech we aim to make the interview process an approachable, two-way conversation, that allows us to get to know you and for you to get to know us. As part of our efforts to ensure the recruitment process is fair and consistent, we have put in place measures and initiatives to ensure we are not rating people differently due to our own bias.
If you would like to know more about our recruitment framework, click here.
Diversity and Inclusion at Valtech
At Valtech, we’re here to engineer experiences that work and reach every single person. To do this, we are proactive about creating workplaces that work for every person at Valtech. Our goal is to create an equitable workplace which gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be).
As part of this work, we’re sharing an optional anonymous survey with you after your application. This survey will help us better understand the people who apply to work at Valtech. It'll help us see how different demographics progress through our hiring process, and where we need to make improvements to give them a better chance of succeeding. If you choose to fill it out, all of the information you give us is:
- Voluntary. And we've included a "prefer not to say" option for every question. It'd be helpful if you still fill out the survey even if you choose "prefer not to say" for every question, as it's useful for us to understand & record this. We won't know if you choose to fill this survey in or not
- Anonymous to Valtech. We can't tie your responses to you and they won't make a difference to the outcome of your application. We'll only use grouped responses for equal opportunities monitoring in our hiring process
For more information on how we'll use this data, please read our candidate privacy notice.
By filling out the survey, you agree that we can use your responses for the purposes we've mentioned above.