Client Partner – Public Sector
Location: UK - Hybrid / Remote Working
A few words about us:
First things first… What will you become a part of? Valtech is a global digital agency focused on business transformation. We enable clients to anticipate tomorrow’s trends and connect more directly with their consumers across digital and physical touchpoints.
We deliver innovation with a purpose. With expertise across experience design, technology and marketing, our passion is in addressing transformational business challenges for our clients. Challenges where we re-imagine the customer journey and build new connected experiences. Challenges where we make data work in this new era and help our clients transform the way they operate and optimise business-critical digital platforms for multichannel commerce and marketing.
From discovery to optimisation, clients trust Valtech to remove complexity and deliver innovative, frictionless solutions that close the experience gap between customer expectation and reality. We are a network of more than 5,000 makers, thinkers, marketers, creatives, and developers spanning 5 continents with 50+ offices in 22 countries.
The Client Partner is a proactive and knowledgeable consultant, supporter, and advocate for Valtech’s clients. Responsible for ensuring that we are meeting the client’s objectives through planning and delivering high quality, effective activity and evaluating the impact of this activity.
Entrepreneurial in spirit and adept at working in fast-paced, changing, high-growth environment, you will lead a team to deliver best in class partnership to our client, becoming an expert in the Valtech offering and the business value it brings to our clients whilst working towards our goals for revenue growth, sustaining profit margin, and ultimately creating work we are proud off.
In this critical client-facing role, you will build trusted relationships ensuring clients know we are here to make them successful. You have a thorough knowledge of the digital landscape, the consumer, brand, industry and the marketplace.
This is a senior role within Valtech: internally, you will be responsible for running a key portfolio focussed on product and service delivery for our clients and its P&L, direct and indirect team management required to get the best out of the talent and work closely with Client Partnership Director and Managing Director to plan and develop the Client Partnership team and department strategy.
What you will be doing:
- You will be building trusting relationships with both existing and potential public sector clients, leading and owning the key relationships at executive level clients across CIO/CTO and CMO to guide the development of the account and become a trusted partner and strategic advisor to each of the brands in your portfolio
- Be responsible for the revenue performance & growth of the group, driving collaboration and effective operational behaviours across the business, ensuring constant high level of delivery and effective margin
- Delivering a best-in-class experience to a high-profile client base, relaying client’s expectations, challenges and potential solutions to the teams running client projects
- Planning for and leading organic new and existing client pitches, with the support of the wider agency and new business team, will be a core part of your role for growth of your portfolio
- Having a vision for your accounts and knowing how to execute against these plans and being adept at unearthing client challenges
- Fostering and developing wider relationships within the network and our third-party partners and at times wider client agency groups, as we look to lead and guide the agenda for our clients
- Ensuring constant innovation across our existing accounts and working closely with all teams, to ensure this is happing at a micro level as well as macro
- Owning and tackling challenges head on, problem solving, finding solutions and managing the communication with the client within your team or agency leaders, to resolve and continuously find areas for improvement
- Being the voice in development and standardisation of our client offering, creation of best practices in Client Partnership, marketing opportunities and department strategy as a senior leader in the client services team.
- 10+ years’ experience in Senior Client Management / Client Partner roles within the digital agency/tech professional services industry
- Experience working with large public sector clients
- Experience working with or strong knowledge of Government Digital Service (GDS) frameworks
- Confident leading the creation and building complex digital products and solutions within an agency environment
- Strong business and commercial acumen, confident looking for opportunities to expand and develop existing client accounts
What can you expect from us:
At Valtech you’ll become part of our exceptional team of more than 5,000 talented innovators, design thinkers, marketers, creatives, and engineers. We interact across countries, disciplines, trades, roles and teams. We are consultants before anything else and take ownership of our own work, clients, and careers. We provide everyone with a large degree of freedom - in return, we expect an equally high degree of accountability and dedication. We transform by doing and insanely passionate about improving the end user experience. We are a people company. We share our knowledge and learnings, we dare to speak up and take risks. And we care deeply about one another, our clients, and the world around us.
We have from our very beginning always worked hard on providing everyone within our organisation the opportunity to grow and transform their job opportunities and career paths across the world. From graduates to seasoned professionals who are experts in their field. Valtech will always be recognised not just for the quality of the work we deliver, but for all the amazing people that make it happen. We don’t just talk about how to get things done; we really do transform by doing.
Here at Valtech we’re big believers that our staff are our most important asset, and as such we want to make sure we look after you. As well as all the usual corporate benefits (hybrid & flexible working, pension, life insurance, 25 days holiday, phone, laptop, BUPA private healthcare & dental etc), we pride ourselves on our commitment to continuous learning and development, which means you’ll have a clear growth and development path, alongside access to professional coaching and online learning courses.
You’ll be joining an inclusive and diverse workforce, working on truly exciting projects with collaborative teams at a local and global level, with a big focus on health and social well-being (free office lunches, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, eye tests, Flu Jab, regular Company Days and staff parties).
We appreciate that interviews can be daunting. At Valtech we aim to make the interview process an approachable, two-way conversation, that allows us to get to know you and for you to get to know us. As part of our efforts to ensure the recruitment process is fair and consistent, we have put in place measures and initiatives to ensure we are not rating people differently due to our own bias.
If you would like to know more about our recruitment framework, click here.
Diversity and Inclusion at Valtech
At Valtech, we’re here to engineer experiences that work and reach every single person. To do this, we are proactive about creating workplaces that work for every person at Valtech. Our goal is to create an equitable workplace which gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be).
As part of this work, we’re sharing an optional anonymous survey with you after your application. This survey will help us better understand the people who apply to work at Valtech. It'll help us see how different demographics progress through our hiring process, and where we need to make improvements to give them a better chance of succeeding. If you choose to fill it out, all of the information you give us is:
- Voluntary. And we've included a "prefer not to say" option for every question. It'd be helpful if you still fill out the survey even if you choose "prefer not to say" for every question, as it's useful for us to understand & record this. We won't know if you choose to fill this survey in or not
- Anonymous to Valtech. We can't tie your responses to you and they won't make a difference to the outcome of your application. We'll only use grouped responses for equal opportunities monitoring in our hiring process
For more information on how we'll use this data, please read our candidate privacy notice.
By filling out the survey, you agree that we can use your responses for the purposes we've mentioned above.