Commerce Product Owner
What we are looking for:
As one of the co-founders of the MACH Alliance, we are strong believers in MACH, composable architectures and multi-head approaches for enterprise-grade digital (commerce) solutions. Because we experience an overwhelming interest and demand for these services from clients, we are therefore looking to grow our global and local teams to join us on this exciting journey.
So, if you love puzzles and looking for your next challenge, then this is your chance to join our team of exceptionally talented, creative and innovative professionals working with composable Best-of-Breed technology platforms within the large-scale digital experience and ecommerce business arena.
• In this role, you do everything possible to get a full and clear picture of what a clients situation requires
• You give proactive advice to all relevant stakeholders on how to maximize impact.
• You possess a personal drive to “getting things done”
Before we continue to dive into the requirements for the role let’s talk about Why you should join Valtech?
Flexibility: We trust in the expertise, skills, and actions of our colleagues. That’s why we provide a flexible work schedule that supports work/life balance.
Career Advancement: We offer a career, not just a job. We invest in the personal and professional growth of every employee because we believe growth leads to both business impact and personal fulfillment.
Learning and Development: We foster a culture that encourages and promotes professional growth and development, with continuous learning through our in house LMS (Ask us about the Academy)
What you will do?
• As our new Product Owner at Valtech, your puzzle-solving skills will be essential. Working in a multidisciplinary team that includes your clients, you do everything possible to get a full and clear picture of what your situation requires. No matter how big the puzzle or how complex the client’s needs, you know how to deliver an appropriate solution or approach
• What you do exactly on a day-to-day basis varies considerably, but essential for this role will be supporting the client in defining roadmaps, requirements analysis and doing whatever is needed to get to a shared understanding of the user stories on the backlog. This could range from creating diagrams to consulting stakeholders to resolve any unclarities
• This way, you help your team to complete each sprint successfully and deliver value for our strategic flagship clients
• One thing you will do on a recurring basis is to work with the client’s product owner and the development team to make sure that the product backlog is refined and well-documented. And often you’ll act as the (proxy) Product Owner for the client in the process
• You’ll bring your analytical capabilities in play. You ask questions that other people overlook, you challenge what seems obvious, and you constantly consider alternative scenarios that could lead to a better result
• You’ll be a valuable support in presales activities
• You’ll provide pro-active mentorship and input to help develop talent around you
What you should have?
• At least 5 years of experience as a Product Owner or in another relevant role
• Experience from digital agency, consultancy or another relevant professional services firm working with multidisciplinary teams and multiple stakeholders
• Experience with and thorough understanding of business processes, particularly those related to large scale e-commerce solutions
• Hands-on experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies, concepts and artifacts such as a product backlog, user stories and epics - even more so when you act in a (proxy) Product Owner role
• Experience with e-commerce and digital experience platforms such as Sitecore, Episerver, Adobe Experience Manager, Contentstack, Contentful or Commercetools is an advantage
• Flexibility and a personal drive to “getting things done”
• Ability to adjust on-the-fly to new demands in the business environment with a proper sense of urgency
• A “We before Me” mindset where success is created in close and respectful collaboration with teams and colleagues across our company
• Great communication, people and listening skills
• A creative and analytical way of thinking
• Fluent in English, both written and spoken
Here’s a little about us:
Valtech is a global digital agency that focuses on business transformation for our clients. Founded in 1993, Valtech has established itself as one of the largest independent global agency groups with more than 3.000 exceptional individuals operating out of 40+ offices in 15 countries. We work with some of the world’s best-known brands from travel to retail, connected experiences to automotive and we’re now ready to bring on even more talented colleagues to join us.
We believe diversity is essential to creating the best digital products & experiences. Valtech is committed to providing and maintaining a work environment where all employees and candidates are treated with dignity and respect and that is free of bias, prejudice, and harassment. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
So, if you are looking for your next challenge? Then this is your chance to join our team of exceptionally talented, creative and innovative professionals working with composable Best-of-Breed technology platforms within the large-scale digital experience and e-commerce business area.