The position is for our German-based Joint Venture with Volkswagen Group (CARIAD), offering global carmakers a full spectrum of connected vehicle platforms and mobility services. Successful candidates will be expected to work in an international environment and spend a few weeks in Germany..
You’ll be a member of the international connected car team. We are proud of what we have created in the domain of connected cars managing more than 21+ Million vehicles on our platform and providing more than 50+ various connected car services (infotainment, telematics, V2X/Car2x). The connected vehicle platform is provided on-premises and as a cloud solution on AWS and AZURE. We also support your development through our internal portal called the Academy. So, get in touch if you’re looking to work for the best German carmakers on challenging projects in a culture that prizes freedom and responsibility.
Personal and professional development
/ Internal workshops & learning initiatives via Academy and online portals
/ German language classes compensation
/ Professional certifications reimbursement
/ Participation in professional local & global communities
/ Growth and development possibilities
We are looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer with at least 10+ years of experience in the software industry and a minimum of 5+ years of working in a DevOps environment.
You will be working as part of a cross-functional team that takes responsibility for their applications throughout the full lifecycle. The team is currently working with a focus on design and development and will expand its focus to operational and automation aspects. We would like you to bring in your DevOps knowledge and experience to contribute to delivering excellency by the connected car team. Initially, you will be working as a developing lead until a new team is formed.
Mandatory skills and experience
- Background and relevant current experience in a hands-on Platform Engineering role are needed
- Practical DevOps experience, especially with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Concourse and/or Helm
- Experience working in agile teams, possibly with methodologies like Scrum, Kanban, SAFe or similar
- Experience in implementing and operating on Kubernetes-based deployments
- Experience with microservice architecture and container technologies such as docker
- Experience with automation of software integration, testing, delivery, and deployment
- Solid knowledge of using, administering, and scripting Linux/Unix
- Willingness to work closely with team members, share responsibility, work, and praise
- Willingness to learn about the content of the delivered applications invest in building domain knowledge and becoming a subject matter expert
- Mentor/motivate the development teams to take ownership of their contribution to successful projects
- Encourage key quality principles
- Have an in-depth level of technical knowledge/experience in building cloud solutions that have security, reliability, scalability, high availability, and concurrency built in from the outset.
- Assist with the optimal end-to-end delivery pipeline
- Selecting appropriate quality controls to complete assigned tasks, including code-driven deployment; infrastructure deployment; automated testing; and effective operational monitoring, alerting and incident responses.
- Supply appropriate information and analysis to support the resolution of issues and incidents
- Applicants need to bring a mindset of taking responsibility for their work from design, through implementation and into operations
- Good communication skills, good command of English and willingness to work in a globally distributed team
Ideal candidates should also
- Experience in leading software teams and organizing development efforts
- Have implementation experience in the environment on a Cloud platform (AWS or Azure)
- Understand security techniques including Firewalls/Security Groups, Threat Modelling, and Dependency Management. Able to define and Implement security, introduce the team to DevSecOps methods and mindset
- Have knowledge of Database (Oracle, PostgreSQL) Administration, monitoring and optimization
- Have infrastructure as a code such as Terraform, Chef, Ansible, or Puppet experience
- Have experience using monitoring tools such as ELK stack or Grafana or Splunk
- Have sound knowledge of messaging technologies such as Kafka, MQTT, REST, SOAP
- Ensure the cloud platforms/solutions are fit for purpose based on business need and criticality while keeping platform usage costs and utilization in mind
- The ability to communicate in the German language is a plus
What is important is having some of the skills, but also having ideas to bring to the table, wanting to have input into how we do things and wanting to pick up new skills along the way.
At Valtech, we’re here to engineer experiences that work and reach every single person. To do this, we are proactive about creating workplaces that work for every person at Valtech. Our goal is to create an equitable workplace which gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be). You can find out more about what we’re doing to create a Valtech for everyone here.
Please do not worry if you do not meet all of the criteria or if you have some gaps in your CV. We’d love to hear from you and see if you’re our next member of the Valtech team!