At Valtech, we imagine and create the world of tomorrow!
With more than 5,000 innovative profiles, creatives, developers, designers and digital experts working in its 50 offices around the world, Valtech distinguishes itself by its end-user centric approach and its innovation process. With its values of sharing, boldness and authenticity, Valtech makes sure to put the human element at the heart of the digital experiences it develops - for its clients as well as for its employees.
At Valtech_Commerce, we are more than 300 employees who are passionate about e-commerce. By joining us, you'll be part of a company that puts people first and you'll be able to grow and evolve with access to a global network of innovators.
What you will do:
The platform director sees to the strategic technical orientation of the different platforms he manages. He defines the standards and ensures that they are adequately integrated through the development teams, in particular by working closely with the technical leads and the associated architects. He sees to developing strategic technical partnerships by getting involved in related communities. He leads a small team of internal experts who see to developing tools allowing the different teams to be more efficient.
- Lead and develop the technological practices related to the platforms for which he is responsible;
- Define the quality standards related to the platforms, he is on the lookout for best practices;
- Be aware of technology/business issues with customers in his/her discipline, and get involved as needed to support technical leaders, product managers, account management or sales;
- Be responsible for developing a plan to upgrade technical leads in their disciplines, and ensure their practice and expertise is understood and recognized by all related team members;
- Participate in the maintenance of existing technical partnerships and contribute to future ones, particularly in terms of the platform roadmap. Promote Valtech's know-how to the technical members of the linked platforms. If necessary, propose new complementary technological partnerships;
- Participate in the annual evaluations of the technical managers;
- Collaborate with the Operations Manager in promoting R&D initiatives to our customers;
- Actively lead an R&D team and define the development backlog to reflect platform directions. Oversee Kaizen requests from related teams to validate that they are in line with the overall platform vision;
- Ensures that he/she can adequately respond to the support needs of the business team, either through his/her own participation or through the appointment of a member of his/her R&D team.
- Works closely with the architecture team to meet this need;Work closely with other platform managers and architects, with the goal of supporting common processes and strategies to always better support the growth of the agency's clients;
What you should have:
- University baccalaureate in an IT related field or equivalent experience;
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Commerce (Magento) Minimum of 5 years in a development-related position and minimum of 2 years in a development-related leadership position;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and adaptation skills;Ability to work under pressure;
- Analytical mind and attention to detail;
- Good popularizer;
- Strategic spirit and technological vision (understanding customer realities);
- French and English fluent, both oral and written;
The perks :
- Flexible PTO Policy!
- Valtech is lucky to collaborate with amazing organizations (local to global). If you want to learn and grow as an eCommerce specialist, this is the place for you.
- Flexible schedule, with a 37.5 hour work week.
- The possibility to work remotely and $500 to outfit your home office when you first start.
- The possibility to work from wherever you want (subject to approval).
- Life, medical and dental insurance with 24/7 access to counseling and telemedicine & an employee assistance program (EAP).
- Company contribution to your retirement savings.
- A community of supportive people (from your day-to-day colleagues to the company owners).
- Offices all across the globe including in Montreal and in Sainte-Thérèse, on the northshore of Montreal.
- A strong corporate culture where the values Share, Dare and Care are a part of the company’s DNA.