Senior Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading a cross functional and matrix team to deliver projects on time and on budget. This role also involves working with regional & offshore teams. As a Senior Project Manager, you will manage projects of varying sizes and complexity at any point in time and may entail managing several projects in parallel along with managing a team of in-direct reports on a project.
You will be required to develop detailed IT work plans, schedules; project estimates, resource plans and status reports by balancing the business needs with technical constraints.
You will manage the project through both agile and waterfall delivery models; to execute to plan and deliver within budget and schedule.
You have the ability to reset, pivot and re-plan when requirements change while keeping partners on the same page .
You see the big picture and deliver on requirements by understanding and balancing contending demands for program scope, schedule, budget, risk, and quality.
- Strong leadership, problem solving and complex project delivery
- Managing large tactical projects or multimillion strategic projects
- Upholding the highest standards of project management methodology including regular and effective communication with key stakeholders, governance, change management and thorough risk management.
- Escalation of any issues arising in the support of work streams managed which may have a negative impact on the International platform/process or the delivery of the project as a whole or on resources and/ or systems.
- Ensure all work undertaken is delivered in accordance with protocols and the company's Project Management Policy and Methodology.
- Accountable for direct and independent management of primarily high risk/strategic projects
- Ensures full understanding of project impacts then translates that into comprehensive engagement strategies.
- Performs all usual duties of a Project Manager in accordance with policy, methodology and artifact creation.
- Oversee scoping, identification of project deliverables, and creation of project specific documentation such as functional specifications, technical specifications, etc.
- Engaging with local partners and others Valtech offices teams to be able to deliver Valtech Singapore engagements
Core Project Management skills required include:
- Delivery Management
- Project Management
- Financial Management
- Risk Management
- Issues Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Change Request Management
- Resourcing & Reporting
- Minimum 8-10 years of relevant project management experience within a digital agency and 4 years as a Senior Project manager.
- Experience with projects in the $100K - $2M range
- Project Management Professional (CITPM or PMP or Prince2) designation is preferred.
- Ability to manage by influence and so engage stakeholders at all levels internal and external, across business and functions to deliver against defined objectives.
- Solid project management experience and ability to clearly demonstrate management of cross functional/cross discipline teams both through direct management and influence.
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team.
- Strong analytical skills; the role requires interpretation and synthesis of regulatory, business and technical information
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with proven ability to vary approach and so ensure that the method of communicating any message is tailored to the intended audience.
- Experience of a Project Management methodology e.g. Prince2, PMP, Six Sigma, etc. Hands of day-to-day expertise of Microsoft Project, and a project management tools.