The role is to be the initial and first point of contact for our new business efforts. Kick-starting the new business cycle, being consultative in approach, using insight and intelligence to make informed and value-based introductions and approaches towards prospective accounts and leads – enterprise in scale and, ultimately, decision making in authority.
You are self-driven, have natural and empathic team qualities, gravitas, and are prepared to proactively interface with departments from across the North American business to gather support when required - leaving no stone unturned, with an entrepreneurial spirit, delivering against your plans and objectives to the highest standard.
The nature of our business means we approach growth with a quality over quantity mindset; there are no scripts, no copy and paste and no minimum, or maximum, call or email volumes to reach.
Before we continue to dive into the requirements for the role let’s talk about Why you should join Valtech?
Flexibility: We trust in the expertise, skills, and actions of our colleagues. That’s why we provide a flexible work schedule that supports work/life balance.
Career Advancement: We offer a career, not just a job. We invest in the personal and professional growth of every employee because we believe growth leads to both business impact and personal fulfillment.
Learning and Development: We foster a culture that encourages and promotes professional growth and development, with continuous learning through our in house LMS (Ask us about the Academy)
- Medical: Options starting at 100% medical coverage for employees, and we cover 85% for spouses, partners, and dependents.
- We contribute an annual $750 for Employee only or $1,500 cash payment towards your Family HSA (Health Savings Account)
- 401(k): Employer match and immediate vesting
- Flexible Paid Time Off to support your work-life balance under Valtech’s policy
- Parental Leave: up to 8 weeks of paid leave
- One-time payment for home office set-up for new hires
- 2pm Summer Fridays
Want to learn more about our unique culture and awesome people click here
Back to the role:
What you will do:
Integrated Demand Generation Planning
Demand Generation is a team sport. It isn't just about coordinated marketing tactics; it requires integration between BD, Marketing and BD Partner leads: working with shared processes, toward shared priorities and goals.
At Valtech we integrate by planning and preparing all Demand Generation Initiatives in as much detail as possible. As part of that team, you will:
- Interpret target account insights and transpose them into potential opportunities and propositions for Valtech - bringing a strategic, lateral, and consultative approach to our planning.
- Work in collaboration with marketing and our North American Vertical, Service or Market Leads to develop, and ultimately implement integrated, account-based or project Demand Generation plans - designed to drive awareness, demand and lead generation against specific accounts, verticals, or segments.
Target Account Insight & Intelligence
- Maintain an always on approach to gathering account / prospect insight and intelligence and adjust your strategies and tactics accordingly - making full use of the tools and technology at your disposal.
- Maintain a creative approach to increasing visibility and sparking, or maintaining, conversations with prospects.
- Proactive outreach, engagement and reactive inbound lead follow up and nurturing
- Reactively and proactively connect and engage with both senior decision makers and middle management influencers across priority accounts.
- Build and managing a solid lead, and ultimately opportunity pipeline - driving leads, and engaging accounts, through the funnel and beginning the business cycle.
- Prioritize your focus and adjust your approach to align with vertical and market specific objectives.
- Capitalize on all global marketing, demand, and lead generation initiatives, delivering considered nurture, outreach, and account plans.
- Consult with and be supported by the Vertical and Service leads, as well as specific business units to maintain momentum and deliver consistently high-quality approaches and outreach to prospects.
- Provide full and detailed briefing(s) and handovers to our Business Development Directors and Business Units at the appropriate moment in your engagement(s), supporting them in the next phase of the cycle, enabling them with content and supporting assets to successfully convert.
- Collaborate with Growth Enablement, briefing and supporting them in the curation and creation of supporting new business assets and content throughout the initial and handover process.
- Be the first point of contact for inbound opportunities - providing initial qualification, responding in a timely and strategic manor and, in turn, passing to one of our Business Development Directors to further qualify (and convert).
- Collaborate with your North American Team of equivalents, sharing learnings, best practices and always looking to support them in their endeavors.
Business Administration and Reporting
- You will attend weekly, and monthly, regional, and local reporting meetings where you will provide detailed analysis of account status, your successes, and learnings.
- You will maintain all Lead and Account CRM data to an exceptional standard, providing detailed and comprehensive pipeline and dashboard visibility for management reporting.
What you should have:
- As always at Valtech, we're more than anything looking for the right person to fill and not least shape this role, but here's a few things we'd like to see:
- More than anything we're looking for a colleague who can and will embrace our strong culture lived out through our core values of Share, Dare and Care
- 3+ years' experience within a similar position, preferably within an agency environment.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and someone who does not need a manual for how to do things but is ready to help shape the best way to get things done.
- A "We before Me" mindset with experience in successfully collaborating with people across different countries, cultures, crafts, personalities and backgrounds with respect, inclusion, and integrity.
- A passion for people, business development, technology that is obvious to everyone around you.
- Commitment to our shared growth agenda and ready to be accountable for the part you will play.
- You'll be curious about new trends, promoting an environment where ideas flow and expertise are shared.
- You'll be energetic, ready to roll your sleeves up and get things done!
Our Five BD Qualities
- All our business development teams possess five key qualities.
- Being brilliant in everything they do. They strive to be better each day. They always bring their A-game.
- The ability to bring a team together no matter what the circumstances or timeframes, but also know how to be a team player.
- They own it. They take responsibility in all they do. They love to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in.
- They know how to get things done. No matter the brief or the timescale, they always find a way.
- And finally, they know how to have fun. They always have a positive outlook. They never take themselves too seriously.
These are the qualities that unite us and we’re looking for someone of the same ilk. But we also need someone who is a leader and can help guide the team. Someone who can hold their own sitting at the top table and knows when it is the right time to challenge and push things. We’re not looking for someone who constantly says ‘yes’.
Here’s a little about us:
Valtech is a global digital agency that focuses on business transformation for our clients. Founded in 1993, Valtech has established itself as one of the largest independent global agency groups with more than 5,000 exceptional individuals operating out of 60+ offices in 22 countries. We work with some of the world’s best-known brands from travel to retail, connected experiences to automotive and we’re now ready to bring on even more talented colleagues to join us.
We believe diversity is essential to creating the best digital products & experiences. Valtech is committed to providing and maintaining a work environment where all employees and candidates are treated with dignity and respect and that is free of bias, prejudice, and harassment. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Accommodations are available on request for all aspects of the selection process.
So, if you are looking for your next challenge? Then this is your chance to join our team of exceptionally talented, creative and innovative professionals working with composable Best-of-Breed technology platforms within the large-scale digital experience and e-commerce business area.