Valtech Nordics is looking for a Financial Analyst. Are you an outgoing professional who enjoys taking initiative and has a passion for finance? Does it excite you to get things done in close collaboration with people around the globe? Are you based in Stockholm with flexibility to come and work from our beautiful office at Kungsholmen? Then you might be the person we’re looking for! Keep reading to find out.
A day in the life of a Financial Analyst
As a Financial Analyst, you play a pivotal role in ensuring smooth collaboration between Delivery and Finance. Your key responsibility will be to ensure the correct recording and tracking of projects, from contract signature through project completion.
You will act as a point of contact for Project Managers and other stakeholders in the Delivery part of our organization focusing on correct project accounting and reporting. In particular, you will be a business partner to Sales, supporting the calculation of KPIs.
Luckily, you will not have to do all this alone. Among others, you will work closely with your colleagues in accounting, business controlling, and Shared Services, who will support you along the way.
In addition, you will:
- Set up and manage projects in project management tool (OpenAir) where you will monitor and handle project revenues and expenses according to contract terms
- Be responsible for end-to-end project tracking with a strong focus on maintaining and analyzing project KPIs
- Collaborate closely with Business Controlling during project month-end reporting production and throughout the project's lifetime
- Perform the internal control processes on time and with focus on quality
You and the role
You are someone with a strong knowledge of accounting and finance principles, who has a solid understanding of their application to projects, and is able to analyse, track and drive insights.
You are an outgoing person with strong communication skills, both in Swedish and English, who is comfortable in interacting with stakeholders at all levels.
You are analytical, accurate and have a great attention to detail. You enjoy being solution-driven and taking initiative based on your analysis and insights.
We would love if you have
- 5+ years of experience in finance from controlling, accounting or similar, ideally coming from a professional services company or an internal role within similar complex industries
- Understanding of contract terms and ability to transcribe them in accordance with IFRS15 (revenue from contracts with customers)
- A strong knowledge in accounting and Finance principles (on notions such as prepayment, deferred revenue, WIP, accruals, etc.)
- Strong foundation in understanding P&L and its implications for projects
- International experience, preferably gained from working in a large global company or a similar setting
Our culture and what you can expect from us
Valtech will always be recognised not just for the quality of the work we deliver, but for all the amazing people that make it happen. We don’t just talk about how to get things done; we really do transform by doing. We have an inclusive culture where we share our thoughts and our knowledge, we have fun together, and we care about each other. Our core values, Share, Care, Dare defines our culture and makes Valtech a workplace where you thrive and develop. Read more about life at Valtech here.
Not only can you help us lead the experience revolution, but you can lead the change. The journey Valtech is on is ambitious and therefore opens doors. The more we grow – the more opportunities there are to take responsibility, implement your creative ideas, and be the innovator and driver to help move us, and our clients, forward.
Does it excite you to join Valtech on this journey? And would you like to become our next Financial Analyst?
Then apply today. We cannot wait to hear from you!