At Valtech Mobility, we enable our customers (Volkswagen, Audi, Porsche, Bentley, Skoda and many more) to provide safe, smart, and comfortable connected mobility experiences globally in 65 countries. This position is for our Germany-based Joint Venture with Volkswagen Group (CARIAD), offering global carmakers a full spectrum of connected vehicle platforms and mobility services. Successful candidates shall become part of the international connected car team, delivering state of the art vehicle tech solutions and have a chance to spend a few weeks in Germany on-rotation basis.
We are proud of the solutions we have beeng delivering in the domain of connected vehicles, managing more than 25 million vehicles on our vehicle platform and providing connected car services (e.g. streaming, infotainment, remote, V2X/Car2x).
So, get in touch if you’re looking to work on challenging projects in an international environment with the best German carmakers in a culture that prizes freedom and responsibility.
We are looking for an IT Service Management Specialist to support, consult and assist global car makers in connected car projects. The role will focus on the IT service management processes to provide best-in-class service operations to the customers.
These tasks await you
· Secret & certificate management
· Capacity management
· Implementation of monitoring/alarming parameters
· Monitoring and reporting of service availability for connected car services and platforms – escalating through appropriate channels when SLA is not met
· Coordination/management of meetings with relevant stakeholders
· Communication with key stakeholders and escalation when required
· Working with our global connected team to deliver continuous service improvement
· Willingness to support the customers with on-call duty
· You will be part of 24/7 duty in the longer run
As an ideal applicant, you bring along
· Experience in using Linux (on console level)
· Ability to write scripts (e.g. Linux Shell scripts, Python)
· Ability to create monitoring dashboards
· Demonstrable problem-solving and communication skills
· Support the customer with leading edge operational methods and tools
· Experience in understanding large Java enterprise applications (Apache Tomcat)
· Minimum of 2+ years’ experience in IT service and operations management
· Experience in automation of IT operation tasks necessary to increase efficiency
· Experience in using database languages, ideally Oracle SQL and PostgreSQL
· Experience with monitoring tools such as Dynatrace, Grafana, Splunk, Kibana
· Desirable: Experience with HP SC3, Jira, Confluence
· Desirable: ITIL certification
· Experience in working in a complex organizational structure is a plus
· Experience in the automotive industry and connected car domain is a plus
· German language experience is a plus
At Valtech, we’re here to engineer experiences that work and reach every single person. To do this, we are proactive about creating workplaces that work for every person at Valtech. Our goal is to create an equitable workplace which gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be). You can find out more about what we’re doing to create a Valtech for everyone here.
Please do not worry if you do not meet all of the criteria or if you have some gaps in your CV. We’d love to hear from you and see if you’re our next member of the Valtech team!