What we are looking for:
The Portfolio Director at Valtech acts as a Team Captain and provides leadership to a Circle. As a Portfolio Director, you have the responsibility to guide your team through thick and thin. You are always ensuring that your team's happiness is at an all-time high and that deliveries are too! Your role is to ensure that overall team performance is going above and beyond client expectations. You can think short, medium, and long term on the Circle’s needs.
In close collaboration with the Account Directors of the Client Circle, you will have the opportunity to coordinate the appropriate operations on the accounts. Project managers, Expertise Leads, and the Managing Director can also be pillars of support to the Team Captain.
When making decisions, it is your responsibility to put into practice the advice process. This process ensures that everyone who will be meaningfully affected, and people with expertise in the matter, will be consulted to inform the decision that needs to be made. It is about accessing collective wisdom in pursuit of a sound decision.
Before we continue to dive into the requirements for the role let’s talk about Why you should join Valtech?
Flexibility: We trust in the expertise, skills, and actions of our colleagues. That’s why we provide a flexible work schedule that supports work/life balance.
Career Advancement: We offer a career, not just a job. We invest in the personal and professional growth of every employee because we believe growth leads to both business impact and personal fulfillment.
Learning and Development: We foster a culture that encourages and promotes professional growth and development, with continuous learning through our in house LMS (Ask us about the Academy)
Back to the role:
What you will do:
- You participate in defined rituals and ensure compliance with KPI targets.
- Align client expectations with team delivery for all client work
- Manage working conditions for the team, including short-term staff issues and long-term team composition and team motivation
- Align priorities and workload with the Account Director(s)
- Provide detailed reporting and forecasts for short, medium, and long-term goals
- Control the Circle's health and performance, and take appropriate actions based on the advice process.
- Onboarding in the Client Circle and making sure that the workspace and tools are ready
- If need be, you can get your hands dirty and participate in project management.
- Time-off approvals (in collaboration with the Project Managers)
- Help with conflict resolution, based on the advice process
- Caring for your team members
- Performance reviews, salary increase recommendations, hiring
What you should have:
- 10+ years of relevant work experience within the Project Management field, with several years in an agency working on digital projects.
- 5+ years of experience in Program and/or Portfolio management
- Strong communication skills - written and oral, in English.
- You have experience in a management or leadership role.
- You have experience in project management.
- Strong interpersonal and consensus-building skills and good negotiation skills.
- Strong ability to manage priorities, deadlines, and planning.
- Strong customer service skills and ability to interact with both internal and external collaborators.
- You are results-oriented and focused on achieving goals and results by never letting obstacles hold you back.
- You are quality-focused, setting high-quality standards for products and services and never compromising for less.
- You have organizational sensitivity, recognizing the effects of one’s decisions or activities on other areas of the organization – we’re all in this together!
- You give feedback by sharing observers’ insights on how others are progressing.
- You create a support base, involving others in decisions that will have an impact on them and creating support and commitment for the proposed change.
- You have a helicopter view, seeing the bigger picture.
- You have situational awareness, having eyes and ears always connected to the team and effectively shaping the organization.
- You are service-oriented and focused on supporting others in their goals.
- Sense of sensitivity, recognizing and responding to intentions, motives, and feelings of others.
Here’s a little about us
Valtech is a global digital agency that focuses on business transformation for our clients. Founded in 1993, Valtech has established itself as one of the largest independent global agency groups with more than 5,000 exceptional individuals operating out of 60+ offices in 22 countries. We work with some of the world’s best-known brands from travel to retail, connected experiences to automotive and we’re now ready to bring on even more talented colleagues to join us.
We believe diversity is essential to creating the best digital products & experiences. Valtech is committed to providing and maintaining a work environment where all employees and candidates are treated with dignity and respect and that is free of bias, prejudice, and harassment. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Accommodations are available on request for all aspects of the selection process.
So, if you are looking for your next challenge? Then this is your chance to join our team of exceptionally talented, creative and innovative professionals working with composable Best-of-Breed technology platforms within the large-scale digital experience and e-commerce business area.