At Valtech, we imagine and create the world of tomorrow!
With more than 5,000 innovative profiles, creatives, developers, designers and digital experts working in its 50 offices around the world, Valtech distinguishes itself by its end-user centric approach and its innovation process. With its values of sharing, boldness and authenticity, Valtech makes sure to put the human element at the heart of the digital experiences it develops - for its clients as well as for its employees.
At Valtech_Commerce, we are more than 300 employees who are passionate about e-commerce. By joining us, you'll be part of a company that puts people first and you'll be able to grow and evolve with access to a global network of innovators.
What you will do:
- Work closely with the Director of Operations of the division to raise important issues (customers, employees, etc.), follow up on team performance and propose global improvements.
- Work in collaboration with the Account Directors to address issues related to the respect of commercial agreements in order to ensure a minimal gap between the promise of sale and the services rendered.
- Strive to understand our client’s business and can design and run a focused strategy to reach their goal.
- You assure the promised outcome of project proposals and plans and ensure our teams is matching the output we promised.
- You communicate proactively to all relevant stakeholders on how to maximize impact while mitigating risk.
- You make sure the governance for the program is in place and monitor and report delivery on an outcome basis.
- You ensure that the client’s vision and strategy is clear to Valtech’s team.
- Manage project assignments within your team and communicate the ability to take on new projects.
- Ensure Valtech processes are followed and provide ideas for improvements to current business processes.
- In collaboration with the Agile Coach, coach employees with the Scrum or Kanban environment; encourage transparency, retrospection and adaptation.
- Analyze the different performance factors of the teams (client ratio, billability, non-billable time for clients and for Valtech, etc.) and make recommendations to the division manager to improve performance.
- Encourage teamwork and autonomy, and promote a culture of collaboration between the different teams at a 360 level. The Project Delivery Director must not only promote this collaboration, but also ensure the alignment between the deliverables of his or her development teams and those of other departments, third parties and, most importantly, the client.
- Responsible for employee management including performance reviews, individual goal tracking, talent development, hiring and coaching.
- Your role will include pre-sales, learning & developement, team lead and project management activities.
What you should have:
- Fluency in French and English, both verbal and written.
- Soft skills: Positive, unifying leader. Decision-making spirit. Strong organizational skills. Managerial courage. Negotiation skills and abilities.
- Ten (10) years of relevant professional experience in project management and 5+ years of experience in program and/or portfolio management (regardless of methodology).
- Three (3) years experience in a leadership role with team management responsibilities.
- Experience with client facing and large scale delivery with distributed teams
- Proficiency in the Agile development environment and Scrum methodology.
- Relevant project management certification (PMP; PgMP, PfMP, Prince2, APM, etc.)
- MBA (or equivalent) (an asset)
- At least one business certification in a relevant field (retail, beauty, store and multi-channel operations, business intelligence (BI), sales force automation, digital transformation, technology (IBM, Adobe, Sitecore, Acquia, etc) (an asset) .
The perks :
- Flexible PTO Policy!
- Valtech is lucky to collaborate with amazing organizations (local to global). If you want to learn and grow as an eCommerce specialist, this is the place for you.
- Flexible schedule, with a 37.5 hour work week.
- The possibility to work remotely and $500 to outfit your home office when you first start.
- The possibility to work from wherever you want (subject to approval).
- Life, medical and dental insurance with 24/7 access to counseling and telemedicine & an employee assistance program (EAP).
- Company contribution to your retirement savings.
- A community of supportive people (from your day-to-day colleagues to the company owners).
- Offices all across the globe including in Montreal and in Sainte-Thérèse, on the northshore of Montreal.
- A strong corporate culture where the values Share, Dare and Care are a part of the company’s DNA.