Valtech is seeking a Project Manager with a background in successfully orchestrating and delivering customer experience or commerce projects. Are you passionate about addressing the transformational business challenges of clients, and to get things done in close collaboration with people around the globe? Are you based in Switzerland? Would you like to work from the comfort of your home while having the opportunity to visit our office in Baden or Bern? Then you might be the person we’re looking for! Keep reading to find out.
A day in the life of a Project Manager
As a Project Manager, you will mainly be responsible to successfully deliver projects for our clients. On a day-to-day basis, you will be coordinating with the customer and the Valtech team, ensuring a clear focus on the project objectives whilst monitoring project quality, risks and financials healthy.
In addition, you will:
- link Valtech Clients and Valtech Project Teams both locally and globally to drive project vision, objectives and take ultimate responsibility for delivering high quality software solutions and platforms.
- collaborate, consult and advise our clients on various topics focused on long term success and growth of their business including topics such as; business transformation, organizational transformation, digital strategy etc. partnering with colleagues from the relevant areas.
- monitor and evaluate the project flow, orchestrate multiple project streams, report progress of the project(s) and ensure projects continue to meet overall strategic mission, vision, and goals.
- be responsible for identifying deviations in projects that may work against client organizational/ strategic goals and you are confident to remediate these issues to keep the end goal in focus.
- be responsible for high-level resource planning, management of the project team, budget planning, project milestones and reporting.
- support the Delivery Director to mentor more junior project managers sharing tips, techniques, and templates, helping others learn how to perform this role. You work closely with team members to provide training on strategic initiatives, such as improving quality etc.
You and the role
You are someone with 3+ years experience in the field of Project management of large scale software projects delivered by cross-functional teams in an agency or consulting environment. Taking the lead/making decisions/proactively setting things in motion is something that you feel comfortable doing. You are a supportive leader internally and externally and understand how to help develop and nurture your project team and maintain working relationships.
We would love if you have
- relevant Education relatable to project management or an equivalent level of experience within Project Management/ Program Management.
- experiences within holding responsibility for projects from greenfield conception phase to client handover to continued solution evolution.
- experiences an knowledge within working with modern Agile methodologies.
- passion, innovative spirit and knowledge about digital projects and offerings, and are able to connect the business view with technology.
- the ability to work both within a team environment and independently.
- proficiency in German and English communicator.
What you can expect from us
- 25 days of paid vacation
- highly competitive pension scheme
- choose your own IT infrastructure
- Flexible working time and location within Switzerland plus 30 days remote working from anywhere in the world
- Ski Trips, Retreats, Laser Evenings, Art Classes, Wine Tasting and many more social activities to benefit from
Apart from the benefits listed above, we have more to offer. Our growth development program, for example, to help you excel in your existing profession, or enable you to explore another. Also, there are plenty of internal initiatives for you to take part in. Whether it's about improving Valtech as a business or contributing to the world around us, we encourage our employees to pursue their professional and personal ambitions.
Not only can you help us lead the experience revolution, but you can lead the change. The journey Valtech is on is ambitious and therefore opens doors. The more we grow - the more opportunities there are to take responsibility, implement your creative ideas, and be the innovator and driver to help move us, and our clients, forward.
Does it excite you to join Valtech on this journey? And would you like to become our next Project Manager?
Then apply today. We cannot wait to hear from you!