A few words about us
First things first… What will you become a part of? Valtech is a global digital agency focused on business transformation. We enable clients to anticipate tomorrow’s trends and connect more directly with their consumers across digital and physical touchpoints.
We deliver innovation with a purpose. While our expertise is experience design, technology, and marketing, our passion is in addressing transformational business challenges for our clients. Challenges where we re-imagine the customer journey and build new connected experiences. Challenges where we make data work in this new era and help our clients transform the way they operate and optimise business-critical digital platforms for multichannel commerce and marketing.
From discovery to optimisation, clients trust Valtech to remove complexity and deliver innovative, frictionless solutions that close the experience gap between customer expectation and reality. We are a network of more than 5,000 makers, thinkers, marketers, creatives, and developers spanning 5 continents with 50+ offices in 22 countries.
About the role
As one of the founders of the global MACH Alliance, we are strong believers in composable architectures for enterprise-grade digital (commerce) solutions and experience an overwhelming interest and demand for these services from clients. We are therefore looking to grow our global and local teams to join us on this exciting journey.
This role is to some extend location agnostic, but we’re especially looking for talented individuals in Germany, France, Netherlands, UK, Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland.
What you’ll be doing
- As a Senior MACH Architect, you’ll play an active and hands-on role in supporting our global organization in delivering solutions, relying on MACH (Microservices based, API-first, Cloud-native SaaS and Headless) principles, that exceed the expectations of our enterprise clients.
- As a member of the global team, you will support, educate, and architect on our most critical composable best-of-breed client-engagements across the agency.
- You have a well-developed business sense, and you understand what success looks like for our clients. That means you can translate your technical knowledge into business solutions with positive impact on our client's business
- Support our teams (primarily teams in your own region) in selling, guiding, and delivering solutions that exceed the expectations of our clients. You like being the source of guidance and steering for our teams and, if necessary, engage with clients to direct the program. A significant part of your time will be client faced and billable to clients.
- Help to solidify Valtech as a thought leader through numerous opportunities to present at conferences, do content creation and be an active player in the wider community, both internally as well as externally
- Play an active role in our Valtech Global Craft Circle (our global Community of Practice). We see this role being a natural member of its inner circle, helping define the way we support and continuously improve our approach of working with the MACH principles at scale.
- Report to our Global MACH Director and work closely with country leaders and our sales and delivery organizations across the Group.
Our preferred candidate
- Experienced and senior technical professional with an entrepreneurial spirit and maker mentality, who thrives with and are not scared of getting “your hands dirty” when engaging deeply into client engagements.
- Strong personal belief in “getting things done right” with the ability to make effective decisions and see them through
- Experience on leading and growing technology teams and services
- Has flexibility and ability to adjust on-the-fly to new demands and business environments as well as sense of urgency
- Strong interpersonal, communication, intercultural and people skills required for working with internal teams as well as client teams across different locations and cultures with success.
We also need
- A proven background in architecting, implementing, leading, and delivering enterprise-scale projects/programs following the principles behind MACH (Microservices based, API-first, Cloud-native SaaS and Headless).
- A team-player with great knowledge and understanding of the key platform players in the space of composable best-of-breed technology, most importantly: commercetools, Contentful, Contentstack, VTEX, Fluent and Amplience.
- Proven cloud and serverless experience, preferably via Azure, AWS, or GCP.
- A MSc in engineering or similar and at least 10 years of relevant working experience
- Ability and willingness to travel - you can expect roughly 25% of your time to be away from home.
- Fluent in English – both spoken and written.
- Experience from working in an agency/consulting business like Valtech would be an advantage
- Note to non-EU nationals: We require a valid work permit in one of the above-mentioned countries.
What can you expect from us?
At Valtech you’ll become part of an exceptional team of more than 3.000 talented innovators, design thinkers, marketers, creatives, and developers, who all create unprecedented success for our Global 500 clients while optimizing time-to-market and return on investment. We interact across countries, disciplines, trades, roles, and teams. We are consultants before anything else and take ownership of our own work, clients, and careers. We provide everyone with a large degree of freedom - in return, we expect an equally high degree of accountability and dedication.
We have from our very beginning always worked hard on providing everyone within our organization the opportunity to grow and also transform their job opportunities and career paths across the world. From graduates to seasoned professionals who are experts in their field. Valtech will always be recognized not just for the quality of the work we deliver, but for all the amazing people that make it happen. We don’t just talk about how to get things done, we really do transform by doing.
If this sounds like your next challenge, then do send us your application already today. We look forward to hearing from you!