Valtech is a global company focused on business transformation powered by digital innovation. With more than 6.000 doer’s and maker’s working out from our 60+ offices in 20 countries, Valtech has established itself as one of the largest independent global groups aiming at creating digital experiences that improves human lives while transforming the future of our clients’ businesses. We work with some of the world’s best-known brands from across the retail, manufacturing, distribution, mobility, travel, health, public and finance sectors. And our promise to the market is that we get things done. Together. We transform by doing!
We have over the years created an energising workplace, where we operate under the guiding principles of craftsmanship, autonomy, trust, inclusiveness, openness and accountability. Within our industry there are many agencies that offer the same tools and methodologies that we do. The secret to our continued success is our people.
Our growth ambitions and our move into the space of the elite, global digital agencies, won’t be driven by us discovering a new platform or system that no one else has, or that we master all sorts of services. It will be because we have the best, most knowledgeable, most committed, most passionate and most trustworthy people onboard.
SENIOR JAVA DEVELOPER
- 5+ years of Java development experience;
deep knowledge of Spring and Spring Boot;
- proven experience with setting up, building and maintaining microservices architectures;
- experience of working with REST-based APIs and integrations with third party systems;
- knowledge of (and certification with) one or more cloud provider landscapes and their services for AWS, Azure or GCP;
- solid understanding of scaling, monitoring and logging when using cloud services for building applications;
- proven experience with setting up and maintaining continuous integration and delivery pipelines;
- experience with Docker and Kubernetes, preferably in enterprise environments;
- experience with infra-as-code solutions like Terraform;
- experience or affinity with Commerce and Experience platforms;
- bachelor or Master in Computer Science or equivalent;
- excellent spoken and written English.
Experience in other modern languages and frameworks like C#, Typescript, NodeJS, GoLang and Python or at least desire to learn one of them. Supporting a multitude of languages is preferable.
As a Senior Java Developer you’ll be expected to:
- build and maintain the glue between touchpoints (websites, in-store kiosks, device touchscreen, apps, etc.) and cloud-native solutions. These can be third-party API based SaaS/PaaS solutions of partners that you configure and extend, but also (micro)services and applications that you yourself build using public cloud services;
- create end-to-end solutions together with a team of colleagues working in different disciplines, ranging from cloud engineers (infra) to UI developers and from Business Analysts to Quality Assurance Engineers. Solutions involve integrations with frontends, third-party API’s like Payment and back-office systems, which act as systems of record for business-critical data.
- do within the context of MACH architectures (Microservices, API-first, Headless, and Cloud-Native) leveraging SaaS and FaaS platforms like Commercetools, Contentstack, Contentful, Vue Storefront, and Frontastic;
- focus on performance, stability, and traceability in everything you do and seek only the highest quality in code;
- be responsible for (infra-as-code) deployments and align with the cloud engineering team to get stuff done when responsibilities cross into their territory.
What do we offer in return?
Private Health Insurance
We hope you will never need it, but nevertheless, we offer private health insurance to all our employees.
We never stop learning, that’s why we offer our employees an educational program with training and certification.
We all deserve to live a healthy and well-balanced life. It's not an option, it's a necessity!
One simple rule
We really want you to enjoy your work, so we set up one simple rule, that none of our teammates will work on the same project for a very long time in the same industry, but will always be following the latest technology standards. You can never get bored working at Valtech!
Work from home
Our jobs wrap around our lives – not the other way around. Wherever you feel you can be most comfortable and productive as well, we make sure to respect your choice.
We enjoy spending time together, not only at work. Ski trips, carting, laser-tag, wine tasting, picnics, cooking classes… you name it – we’ve done it! There are plenty of cool events to join and to get to know your colleagues.
Besides a very competitive salary and additional vacation days, you will join annual company events with the whole team.
Company sponsored Multisport card
Ready for a challenge? We guarantee you’ll find challenging projects at Valtech!
What’s the most important thing in a job? Cool colleagues with whom you spent most of the time during the week. We have a lot of them!
Honesty, openness and respect are among our core values. We encourage an open feedback culture in order to build trust and grow together.
We SHARE our knowledge with our clients and colleagues all over the world. We value different opinions and embrace open discussions. We DARE to go into unknown territories. We dare to speak up and be totally honest. We CARE about the end user experience, about our clients' businesses and about the quality of the things we make. We want to make the world a better place through the work we do.
25 vacation days
... and a lot of fun and growing opportunities