A few words about us:
First things first… What will you become a part of? Valtech is a global digital agency focused on business transformation. We enable clients to anticipate tomorrow’s trends and connect more directly with their consumers across digital and physical touchpoints.
We deliver innovation with a purpose. With expertise across experience design, technology and marketing, our passion is in addressing transformational business challenges for our clients. Challenges where we re-imagine the customer journey and build new connected experiences. Challenges where we make data work in this new era and help our clients transform the way they operate and optimise business-critical digital platforms for multichannel commerce and marketing.
From discovery to optimisation, clients trust Valtech to remove complexity and deliver innovative, frictionless solutions that close the experience gap between customer expectations and reality. We are a network of more than 5,000 makers, thinkers, creatives, and developers spanning 5 continents with 50+ offices in 22 countries.
The Technical Director for Digital Platforms will support and encourage the growth of our Digital Experience capabilities and will lead a community of talented people who are passionate about building best-in-class digital solutions.
This is a leadership role in the NL business, but we are a genuinely global business with a global community that actively supports and promotes the fostering of connections, knowledge sharing and influence across borders. So, whilst you’ll be based in the NL, we really want someone who is excited about being part of something bigger and who is up for impacting global strategy.
Our perfect candidate really cares about helping teams to make things better for users. They will be as credible as a coach and mentor as they are as a technologist. Curiosity, critical thought, and an ability to get under the skin of our client’s businesses will make this role seriously satisfying.
This role reports to the Northwestern Europe CTO and will work very closely with other functional directors and colleagues across Valtech. This position is located in NL - Hybrid/remote working.
What will you be doing?
- Owning technical assurance, technical guidance, technical strategy, technical standards, technical processes and technical vision for those clients.
- Acting as a technical escalation point for issues that occur within the assigned clients.
- Gathering, generating, and synthesising strong opinions and thought leadership on DXP technology trends to influence/shape internal and client strategy.
- Supporting and sponsoring technical events with our partners.
- Supporting client engagements directly by assuring technical work done for our clients is in line with Valtech and our client’s technology standards and expectations.
- Supporting our sales, marketing, and account management teams both in exploring opportunities for growth within our clients and in delivering bids and proposals.
- Strengthening the NL’s technical presence and involvement within the global Valtech community
- Supporting the recruitment and client management teams with staff planning/forecasting and talent acquisition for the delivery of the projects.
- Identify, Mentor and Develop future technical leaders within the assigned client delivery teams.
- Sponsor 1-2 Craft Circles (Communities of Practice)
What do we expect from you?
- Passionate about technology, developing teams, and delivering successful outcomes.
- Deep understanding of building Digital Experience Platform (DXP) solutions at scale.
- Proven track record building and leading communities of technologists
- Proven ability to collaborate with clients and demonstrate a passion for their outcomes.
- Established as a well-rounded technologist with experience across technology and business domains.
- Proven ability to engage and influence at C-suite/DG level.
- Proven ability to advocate for delivery methods (especially agile) and understand the impact on technology planning/strategy.
- Deep experience in problem-solving.
Technology domains we are particularly interested in talking to you about:
- .Net architecture/development
- Sitecore and/or Optimizely experience
- MACH technologies such as Contentful, Contentstack, Amplience, Algolia, etc.
- Accessible front-end engineering
- DevOps culture
- Continuous integration/delivery/deployment
- Infrastructure automation and the evolution of infrastructure
- Azure, AWS, GCP
- Secure by design
- Composable Architectures and MACH
What can you expect from us?
At Valtech you’ll become part of our exceptional team of more than 5,000 talented innovators, design thinkers, creatives, and engineers.
We interact across countries, disciplines, trades, roles and teams. We are consultants before anything else and take ownership of our own work, clients, and careers. We provide everyone with a large degree of freedom - in return, we expect an equally high degree of accountability and dedication.
We transform by doing and are insanely passionate about improving the end-user experience.
We are a people company. We share our knowledge and learnings; we dare to speak up and take risks.
And we care deeply about one another, our clients, and the world around us.
We have from our very beginning always worked hard on providing everyone within our organisation the opportunity to grow and transform their job opportunities and career paths across the world.
From graduates to seasoned professionals who are experts in their field. Valtech will always be recognised not just for the quality of the work we deliver, but for all the amazing people that make it happen. We don’t just talk about how to get things done; we really do transform by doing.
Aside from that, we offer you:
- A job at a fast-growing international company, that is constantly evolving.
You’ll never be bored!
- A comprehensive onboarding program through our internal Academy
- An international environment that respects diversity, equality and individuality
- Freedom and opportunities to develop your hard and soft skills with some help from your team captain and our Academy
- A hybrid workplace: flexibility to combine working at home with working at one of our 4 offices
In addition, you’ll get:
- 25 vacation days. Want more? You can buy up to 10 days extra
- A pension plan
- Travel allowance (every colleague receives an NS Business Card)
- A group health insurance
- A laptop and mobile phone
- Work-from-home budget of € 55- per month
- A budget to make your workplace at home more comfortable
- A refer-a-friend scheme with up to € 1.150,-
What does our recruitment process look like?
We strive to provide our candidates with a simple, fair and transparent recruitment process. Outlined below, you can learn more about the different stages of our recruitment process:
1. Application received
2. CV/phone screening by Recruitment
3. CV screening by Hiring Manager
4. 1st (online) interview
5. 2nd (online) interview
*for some of our vacancies, an assessment or case is part of our process.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Valtech, we’re here to engineer experiences that work and reach every single person. To do this, we are proactive about creating workplaces that work for every person at Valtech. Our goal is to create an equitable workplace which gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be). You can find out more about what we’re doing to create a Valtech for everyone here.