Valtech is seeking a Business Development Manager, preferably with a background in selling commerce projects. Are you passionate about addressing the transformational business challenges of clients, do you have an eye for numbers and novel solutions, and does it excite you to get things done in close collaboration with people around the globe? Are you based in Switzerland? Would you like to work from the comfort of your home, to visit prospects at their offices and have the opportunity to visit our office in Baden or Bern occasionally? Then you might be the person we’re looking for! Keep reading to find out.
A day in the life of a Business Development Manager
As a Business Development Manager, you will mainly be responsible for developing, driving and winning new business opportunities for new clients. On a day-to-day basis, you will be the one representing Valtech as a go-to contact in the market, as well as acting as an internal touchpoint and a role model.
In addition, you will:
- active pursuit and search for new business opportunitiessupport in ensuring that Valtech Switzerland is achieving ambitious revenue and meets the growth targets set
- managing and processing all phases of the business development lifecycle to successful close of pitches and tenders and ensuring a high standard of RfP and bid submitted to our prospects
- proactively approach our target groups and skillfully and creatively drive the dialogue from initial contact through to successful deal closure
- Build relationships with key influencers as well as decision makers at target prospects
- Establish and foster business relationships through networking, industry events and outbound campaigns
- take shared ownership of and being an active part in building a stronger EMEA region aiming for significant growth.
You and the role
You are someone with 5+ years of relevant and demonstrable experience in sales, conception or consulting-intensive services or solutions like Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Adobe Experience Platform, Sitecore etc. As a highly autonomous person you are naturally taking initiative. You are competitive and if you set things in motion you want to win. In previous environments, people would come to you to get introduced to crucial business contacts.
We would love if you have
- You have a demonstrable track record within a sales/business development position successfully winning new business.
- You are well networked within Switzerland and hold strong relationships in industries such as B2B Manufacturing, Health/Pharma, Retail, Financial Services etc.
- You are a proficient English and German communicator, Swiss German is highly desirable.
Not only can you help us lead the experience revolution, but you can lead the change. The journey Valtech is on is ambitious and therefore opens doors. The more we grow – the more opportunities there are to take responsibility, implement your creative ideas, and be the innovator and driver to help move us, and our clients, forward.
Does it excite you to join Valtech on this journey? And would you like to become our next Business Development Manager?
Then apply today. We cannot wait to hear from you!
Why do we state “all genders” in the title of this job description?
As per the AGG (General Equal Treatment Act) in Germany and equivalent in France, jobs must be advertised in a gender-neutral manner. We use the statement (all genders) to make it clear that this position is open to all genders in these countries, even if the job title itself can be translated or interpreted as "masculine" in the French or German language.