What we offer
At Valtech Mobility, we enable our customers (Volkswagen, Audi, Porsche, Bentley, Skoda and many more) to provide safe, smart, and comfortable connected mobility experiences globally in 65 countries. This position is for our Germany-based Joint Venture with Volkswagen Group (CARIAD), offering global carmakers a full spectrum of connected vehicle platforms and mobility services. Successful candidates shall become part of the international connected car team, delivering state of the art vehicle tech solutions and have a chance to spend a few weeks in Germany on-rotation basis.
We are proud of the solutions we have been delivering in the domain of connected vehicles, managing more than 25 million vehicles on our vehicle platform and providing connected car services (e.g. streaming, infotainment, remote, V2X/Car2x).
So, get in touch if you’re looking to work on challenging projects in an international environment with the best German carmakers in a culture that prizes freedom and responsibility.
Personal and professional development
- Internal workshops & learning initiatives via Academy and online portals
- German language classes compensation
- Professional certifications reimbursement
- Participation in professional local & global communities
- Growth and development opportunities
We are looking for a DevOps Technical Specialist with hands on experience to support, consult and assist global car makers in connected car projects.
These tasks await you if you are a Technical Nerd
- Automation experience with Hands on scripting knowledge in the area of Secret & certificate management
- Experience with Dashboards creation & administration e.g. in Grafana, Kibana, Splunk etc. In the area of Capacity & Availability management
- Implementation of monitoring/alarming parameters
- Monitoring and reporting of service availability for connected car services and platforms
- Coordination/management of meetings with relevant stakeholders
- Communication with key stakeholders and escalation when required
– escalating through appropriate channels when SLA is not met
- Working with our global connected team to deliver continuous service improvement
- Willingness to support the customers with on-call duty
- You will be part of a global team working round the clock with Germany, China, US, UK
As an ideal applicant, you bring along
- Intermediate level in programming mandatory
- Ability to write scripts (e.g. linux shell scripts, python) mandatory
- Ability & experience in creation & administration of monitoring dashboards
- Experience in using Linux (on console level) mandatory
- Experience in operation of java enterprise applications (Apache Tomcat)
- Experience in automation of IT operation tasks mandatory
- Experience in using database languages, ideally Oracle SQL and PostgreSQL
- Demonstrable problem-solving and communication skills
- Support the customer with leading edge operational methods and tools
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Dynatrace, Grafana, Splunk, Kibana
- Desirable: Experience with HP SC3, Jira, Confluence
- Desirable: ITIL certification
- Desirable: Minimum of 4+ years’ experience in IT service and operations management
- Self-Initiative and new ideas for improvement.
- German language experience is a plus
- Experience in the automotive industry and connected car domain is a plus
- Experience in working in a complex organizational structure is a plus
At Valtech, we’re here to engineer experiences that work and reach every single person. To do this, we are proactive about creating workplaces that work for every person at Valtech. Our goal is to create an equitable workplace which gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be). You can find out more about what we’re doing to create a Valtech for everyone here.
Please do not worry if you do not meet all of the criteria or if you have some gaps in your CV. We’d love to hear from you and see if you’re our next member of the Valtech team!