What will you be doing?
The Information security and privacy officer is responsible for establishing and maintaining the Information Security Management System (ISMS) to ensure information assets and personal data from Valtech and clients of Valtech are protected and managed correctly. You are for Valtech UK and Valtech Netherlands, the local representative of our Chief Information Security Officer and our Global Data Privacy Officer.
The implementation of Security in NL is your thing, from being the 1st point of contact to supporting the teams in improving their secure way of working, to coordinating incidents in case of issues. But you are also the eyes and ears in the country and see the best, where our points for improvements are and implement the mitigations. Privacy is everyone’s business, especially the Privacy officers. We need to be in control of all sensitive data hanging and floating around at Valtech, our client environments, and used 3rd party tooling.
As part of your job:
- You create and maintain the information security system and all related policies, procedures, and guidelines;
- You ensure that Valtech remains compliant with all agreed-upon security standards laid out in the Information Security Management System;
- You lead the investigation, resolution, and active reporting on information security incidents within your region office;
- You take all actions to ensure that we are compliant with GDPR, including maintaining our processing registers
- Together with our legal counsel, you ensure we have the necessary DPA’s in place with our clients and (Sub)processors
- You prepare and take part in the local security steering committees where security and privacy-related topics are discussed, and decisions are taken
- You serve as an internal and external information security and data privacy expert (GDPR)
- You actively support client teams on potential Privacy and Security improvements
- You promote information security and data privacy awareness through education, events, and training
- You take responsibility for implementing privacy and security by design in our Way of Work
*This role will include occasional travel to the UK.
What do we expect from you?
• Relevant technical education; Business IT and Management, Computer Science
• Bachelor / University degree at master level
• At least 5 years of working experience
• Affinity with information security and standards like ISO27001
• Affinity with and good knowledge of GDPR
• Basic legal knowledge
• Fluent in spoken and written English; knowledge of Dutch is a plus
• Optionally: Certified as CISSP, CISM, C|CISO, or comparable
What can you expect from us?
- A job at a fast-growing international company, that is constantly evolving. You will never be bored!
- A comprehensive onboarding program through our internal Academy
- An international environment that respects diversity, equality, and individuality
- Freedom and opportunities to develop your hard and soft skills with some help from your team captain and our Academy
- A hybrid workplace: flexibility to combine working at home with working at one of our 4 offices
In addition, you’ll get:
- 25 vacation days. Want more? You can buy up to 10 days extra
- A pension plan
- Travel allowance (every colleague receives an NS Business Card)
- A group health insurance
- A laptop and mobile phone
- Work-from-home budget of € 55- per month
- A budget to make your workplace at home more comfortable
- A refer-a-friend scheme with up to € 1.150,-
What does our recruitment process look like?
We strive to provide our candidates with a simple, fair, transparent recruitment process. Outlined below, you can learn more about the different stages of our recruitment process:
1. Application received
2. CV/phone screening by Recruitment
3. CV screening by Hiring Manager
4. 1st (online) interview
5. 2nd (online) interview
6. 3rd interview (in-person)
*for some of our vacancies, an assessment or case is part of our process.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Valtech, we’re here to engineer experiences that work and reach every single person. To do this, we are proactive about creating workplaces that work for every person at Valtech. Our goal is to create an equitable workplace that gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be). You can find out more about what we’re doing to create a Valtech for everyone here.
Please do not worry if you do not meet all of the criteria or if you have some gaps in your CV. We’d love to hear from you and see if you’re our next member of the Valtech team!