As a Java Engineer, you will be a key member to implement web and e-business solutions for our international clients which are all well-known global brands from different industries.
What will you be doing?
Ultimately you will be responsible for delivering the stories by creating scalable, resilient, and performant code.
Being effective in software delivery isn’t all about the code though, and you will also be expected to:
- Participate in workshops to help identify and refine user requirements
- Participate in the iterative design of the system, contributing effectively to technical conversations and apply knowledge of principles and patterns to problems
- Able to think independently, work through problems, and challenge decisions where appropriate
- Be able to work to a defined set of project technical standards
- Write automated tests, understand automated testing principles and, with our QA strategy, judge the appropriate use tests to ensure you deliver verifiable working code
- Work effectively on the code base with the team using managed source control systems, branching strategies, and good development practices.
Does the position require business trips?
Unconfirmed yet due to Covid-19. There may be 1-2 business trips to the UK per year for the team.
What do we expect from you?
- Good English communication skills
- Strong experience in Java
- Strong experience in Automated testing and TDD
- Experience in working in Agile/Scrum
- Experience working with distributed teams and English-speaking clients
Good to have:
- Experience with Spring Boot (has demonstrable commercial experience with Spring Boot)
- Experience of working in a fully DevOps environment is preferable
- Experience in Docker and containerization
- Knowledge of working with a CMS (building, using)
- Knowledge of working with AWS is a plus
What do we offer in return?
Private Health Insurance
We hope you will never need it, but nevertheless, we offer private health insurance to all our employees.
We never stop learning, that’s why we offer our employees an educational program with training and certification.
We all deserve to live a healthy and well-balanced life. It's not an option, it's a necessity!
One simple rule
We really want you to enjoy your work, so we set up one simple rule, that none of our teammates will work on the same project for a very long time in the same industry, but will always be following the latest technology standards. You can never get bored working at Valtech!
Work from home
Our jobs wrap around our lives – not the other way around. Wherever you feel you can be most comfortable and productive as well, we make sure to respect your choice.
We enjoy spending time together, not only at work. Ski trips, carting, laser tag, wine tasting, picnics, cooking classes… you name it – we’ve done it! There are plenty of cool events to join and to get to know your colleagues.
Besides a very competitive salary and additional vacation days, you will join annual company events with the whole team.
Ready for a challenge? We guarantee you’ll find challenging projects at Valtech!
What’s the most important thing in a job? Cool colleagues with whom you spent most of the time during the week. We have a lot of them!
Honesty, openness, and respect are among our core values. We encourage an open feedback culture in order to build trust and grow together.
We SHARE our knowledge with our clients and colleagues all over the world. We value different opinions and embrace open discussions. We DARE to go into unknown territories. We dare to speak up and be totally honest. We CARE about the end-user experience, our client's businesses, and the quality of the things we make. We want to make the world a better place through the work we do.
Our office located in the inner Center of Skopje was fully renovated and furnished with the best and most comfy furniture out there
Enjoy free coffee, drinks, and snacks at work, or join one of our famous company dinners.
24 vacation days