We are Valtech Mobility, a German joint venture with VW Group (CARIAD) and part of the strategic business unit of Valtech, dedicated to improving mobility by making it safer, smarter and more enjoyable. Our primary goal is to develop cutting-edge connected vehicle technologies for global mobility providers and vehicle OEMs such as VW, Toyota, Porsche, Audi, Lamborghini, Skoda.
As a technical expert, you'll be part of our global Connected Vehicle team. As a hidden champion and pioneer in connected vehicle technology, more than 33 million vehicles in 65 countries enjoy more than 50 different connected car services in the areas of infotainment, telematics and V2X/Car2x.
By joining our expert panel, you will be part of the connected vehicle revolution and its next level of evolution. You will rub shoulders with international industry experts who have decades of experience working with brands such as Porsche, Lamborghini, Bentley, and Audi, to name a few.
Successful candidates who demonstrate high performance will have the opportunity to travel to Germany.
If you enjoy working on challenging projects in a culture that values freedom and accountability. Apply now to be contacted.
Mandatory mindset, skill set and experience
- Applicants need to bring a mindset of taking responsibility for their work from design, through implementation and into operations
- Hands on experience in building Java applications using Java 8 (and above), Spring Boot and Hibernate
- A vision to design scalable microservice architecture
- Prolific skill of implementing design patterns
- Experience with web technologies such as REST and Feign clients
- Skilled in TDD approach
- Sound knowledge in implementing and operating on Kubernetes-based deployments
- Experience working in agile teams, possibly with methodologies like Scrum, Kanban, SAFe or similar
- Willingness to learn about the content of the delivered applications, invest in building domain knowledge and becoming a subject matter expert
- Background and relevant current experience in a hands-on Platform Engineering role
- Excellent communication skills, good command of English and willingness to work in a globally distributed team
Ideal candidates should also have
- Experience of using monitoring tools such as Dynatrace, Prometheus and Grafana
- Firsthand experience in Kafka and specifically MQTT
- Experience with automation of software integration, testing, delivery, and deployment
- Implementation experience of the environment on Cloud platform (AWS)
- Understanding of security techniques including Firewalls/Security Groups, Threat Modelling, and Dependency Management
At Valtech, we’re here to engineer experiences that work and reach every single person. To do this, we are proactive about creating workplaces that work for every person at Valtech. Our goal is to create an equitable workplace which gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be). You can find out more about what we’re doing to create a Valtech for everyone here.
Please do not worry if you do not meet all of the criteria or if you have some gaps in your CV. We’d love to hear from you and see if you’re our next member of the Valtech team!