Valtech is looking for talented and versatile Senior Connected Car Developers to join our Mobility Vertical. Are you passionate about advancing technology in the mobility industry, do you have an eye for innovative solutions, and does it excite you to get things done in close collaboration with people around the globe? Are you based in Sweden with flexibility to regularly work on-site with clients in and around Gothenburg? Then you might be the person we’re looking for! Keep reading to find out.
A day in the life of a Senior Connected Car Developer
As a Senior Connected Car Developer, you will contribute to the development of cutting-edge in-car applications, connectivity features, and software solutions that elevate the driving experience.
While the focus is on Android applications, we welcome candidates with experience in any aspect of Connected Car Development to apply.
You will mainly be responsible for leading the design, development, and maintenance of cutting-edge Android applications for automotive platforms in continuous collaboration with cross-functional teams around the globe. On a day-to-day basis, you will be the one to uphold rigorous quality standards, drive innovative process enhancements, and oversee a portfolio of automotive application projects, ensuring they are executed efficiently and within the set deadlines and budget.
In addition, you will:
- Manage the entire application development lifecycle, from conceptualization to successful deployment
- Mentor and actively support junior team members in their professional development
- Stay at the forefront of emerging technologies and industry best practices
- Work on-site with clients in Gothenburg area on a regular basis (approx. once a week)
You and the role
You are someone with 5 years of experience in the field of Connected Car Development and/or Android Automotive Development. You are proficient in Kotlin and Java. Taking the lead/making decisions/proactively setting things in motion is something that you feel comfortable doing. In previous environments, colleagues and customers would come to you for guidance on Android Architecture, Principles, and Design patterns, such as MVVM, Clean, SOLID, DRY.
We would love if you have
- 5 years of hands-on experience in mobile app development in the field of Mobility, with proficiency in Kotlin
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Mobile applications to back-end services
- Understanding the value of Dependency Injection and implementing Koin or Dagger
- Proficiency in UI design and development using Jetpack Compose and Material Design
- Experience with Git or another version control system
- Experience with Android Jetpack, ViewModel, Coroutines, Flow, Room (and Sqlite), and WorkManager
- Knowledge and experience in Java
- Experience with the development of IVI applications on Android Automotive Operation System (AAOS) and other IVI platforms (Linux-based, QNX, etc)
- Knowledge and experience in car networking technologies such as CAN, LIN, MOST, and FlexRay
- Familiarity with test frameworks like JUnit, MockK, and Espresso
- Experience with Jira, Figma, and other productivity tools
- Proficiency in Swedish is a plus for this role
Our culture and what you can expect from us
Valtech will always be recognised not just for the quality of the work we deliver, but for all the amazing people that make it happen. We don’t just talk about how to get things done; we really do transform by doing. We have an inclusive culture where we share our thoughts and our knowledge, we have fun together, and we care about each other. Our core values, Share, Care, Dare defines our culture and makes Valtech a workplace where you thrive and develop. Read more about life at Valtech here.
Not only can you help us lead the experience revolution, but you can lead the change. The journey Valtech is on is ambitious and therefore opens doors. The more we grow – the more opportunities there are to take responsibility, implement your creative ideas, and be the innovator and driver to help move us, and our clients, forward.
Does it excite you to join Valtech on this journey? And would you like to become our next Senior Connected Car Developer?
Then apply today. We cannot wait to hear from you!