August 12, 2022
With the announcement of Salesforce's Composable Storefront cloud offering, Valtech is unveiling our new Readiness Assessment to help brands go headless fast.
Salesforce Composable Storefront
On August 8, at eTail East, Salesforce announced Composable Storefront, a fully-customizable, headless digital storefront that gives online retailers the ability to make site changes with the speed and flexibility needed to increase sales, conversions and basket size, while helping to drive down costs.
Salesforce also introduced pre-built packages made specifically for headless implementations and use cases with commerce partners. This includes best-in-class integrations, pricing and implementation accelerators from across the Salesforce ecosystem, all anchored by Commerce Cloud.
Why It’s Important
Retailers desire adaptable and flexible commerce sites that can keep up with evolving customer preferences. Headless commerce separates the front end and back end of an e-commerce solution, enabling brands to quickly and affordably customize digital storefronts without disrupting the shopping experience.
According to the latest Salesforce State of Commerce Report, retailers are investing in headless commerce to drive growth:
- 77% of commerce organizations that have implemented headless architecture say it gives them increased agility by allowing them to make changes to their storefront quickly.
- 80% of businesses that don’t currently have headless commerce technology plan to implement it in the next two years
The Salesforce perspective: Scot Gillespie, GM of Commerce Cloud, said:
With customers expecting both engaging and seamless ecommerce experiences, headless architecture can help online retailers build and implement site changes with speed and agility.
GM of Commerce Cloud
Driving the News
With Salesforce Composable Storefront, Commerce Cloud customers can implement a headless commerce strategy without exposing themselves to significant overhead or complex development issues. Businesses are empowered to:
- Supercharge storefront performance and engagement with a fast, app-like site experience. The Progressive Web App technology decreases page load time and minimizes disruption for online shoppers.
- Speed time to value and reduce total cost of ownership for headless commerce architecture with pre-packaged integrations, pricing, and accelerators in partnership with Commerce Cloud’s trusted ecosystem. Using these packages, merchants can easily build composable and engaging experiences with advanced search and content, helping reduce time spent on sourcing vendors, negotiating pricing and building custom integrations.
- Take control of the brand experience and drive differentiation by seamlessly incorporating functionality like AR, chatbots, and social media features to create rich shopping experiences.
- Ship new features and updates daily with 60-second deployments. This eliminates deployment risk, giving developers the freedom to iterate and add new features at any time—even during peak shopping periods.
According to the Salesforce State of Commerce Report, the top three sectors most likely to adopt headless in the coming years are health and beauty, food and beverage, and communications and media.
The Valtech Readiness Assessment
Valtech is a Salesforce Summit Partner with over 150 successful implementations, and our strong commerce focus and capabilities make us the preferred partner for customers like L’Oreal. The continued investment of Salesforce in composable commerce is very much aligned with our overall strategy for a modern approach to enterprise architectures and building next generation platforms. The digital world and customer expectations change so quickly that companies need to be able to deliver fast in a secure and scalable way while also reducing costs.
Composable Commerce is in our DNA, and we are glad to see that Salesforce is continuing to push for evolution of their platform. Faced with increased competition, economic outlook, and constantly changing customer expectations, companies need to invest in a solution that gives them flexibility, rising speed to market, and omnichannel presence while delivering trust and scaling with ease. Together with Salesforce and our strong partnerships with Amplience, Contentful, ContentStack and Algolia, we can build these faster, flexible, next-gen commerce experiences with our customers.
VP Strategy & Innovation at Valtech
With composable storefront, we’re better positioned to leverage our transform by doing mindset to create innovative, end-user focused experiences quickly without disrupting sales. And we can put more power and control into the hands of our clients to choose the front-end that works best with their brand and customer needs.
The new Composable Storefront Readiness Assessment from Valtech will help existing Salesforce Commerce customers make an educated decision based on a 30-aspect evaluation of their current setup and proposes a best practice approach. We will:
- Assess the key benefits and considerations for their specific situation
- Create a phased approach for a migration plan
- Conduct impact analysis and business case
Contact us today to start your own Readiness Assessment.