We are an experienced innovation company!
We exist to unlock a better way to experience the world. Valtech is one of the largest global business transformation agencies. We design, build, and deliver transformative digital solutions for the world's best-known brands.
We engage with our clients worldwide to discover new opportunities, design & build digitally driven solutions, and run & continuously optimize outcomes. We build intuitive, frictionless, and connected experiences that improve human lives and make our client's businesses grow.
What will you be doing?
As a Lead Java Engineer, you will play a key role in building world-class platforms for international market leaders:
- You will play a key role in the end-to-end development process within an agile setup, crafting web applications tailored to customer requirements using Java
- Lead technical design, drive solution conception, and contribute to internal quality assurance through meticulous testing
- Take responsibility for project documentation, maintain regular communication with customers, and mentor team members for technical improvements
- Engage actively in collaborative development, ensuring effective planning and accurate task estimations
What do we expect from you?
- 5+ years of Java (at least version 8) development experience
- At least 3 years of experience with e-commerce projects
- Experience with an enterprise e-commerce platform (eg: SAP Commerce, HCL/Websphere Commerce, Oracle/ATG Commerce, Adobe Commerce/Magento, commerce tools)
- Experience in developing microservice architectures
- Experience in Spring, SpringBoot, Design patterns, simple design and RESTful Services
- Comfortable with containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with tools like JUnit or Mockito complements your development expertise
- Proficiency in Java, Spring ecosystem, and databases including NoSQL
- Fluent in English for effective international communication
- Experienced with CI/CD tools and Continuous Delivery
- Knowledge in cloud-based technologies
What do we offer in return?
A sunny terrace to enjoy a few drinks 🥂 with your colleagues and our BBQs
Regular online and onsite events 🤙
Remote work-friendly 👩💻
Mingling with your colleagues at Café Valtech ☕
A team who serious about getting things done while not taking itself too seriously 😁 Personal study budget and time – we take learning very seriously 👨🏫 and want you to be able to improve your skills
Weekly Tech Along where you can talk about different topics – some of them might not even be related to tech at all 🎾
Health insurance 👩⚕️ with the option to add family members
Partnerships with OpenUp and Urban Sports Club – we care deeply about your health, safety, and mental well-being 🍀
Home office budget to improve your workstation and get you ready to shine 🤩
A Coverflex budget to allocate in whatever suits your preferences 💸
Our recruitment process:
- Introduction video call with Recruiter
- Technical video interview with a Hiring Manager and team member
- Final video cultural and business interview with Leadership
Diversity and Inclusion at Valtech
At Valtech, we’re here to engineer experiences that work and reach every single person. To do this, we are proactive about creating workplaces that work for every person at Valtech. Our goal is to create an equitable workplace that gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be). You can find out more about what we’re doing to create a Valtech for everyone here.