As a Front-end Developer at Valtech you deliver the best end-user experience, using all the tools and technologies that are available in our fast-evolving community. Whether your website or application is being used on a pc or mobile device, you know how to take performance to a higher level. This role is on-site and will require being based in the Netherlands or willing to relocate.
What will you be doing?
You will have a strong focus on the technical aspects of modern front-end development without losing sight of the visual goodness. You encourage, motivate and challenge your fellow front-end colleagues to get their skills to a higher level and together learn from each other. Next to your work on our clients’ projects, you are also part of a national and international community of fellow developers in which you play an active role by helping to spread and absorb knowledge and shape the path of our craft. Many of the projects you will be working on are part of big platforms, driven by state-of-the-art ecosystems such as Commercetools, Contentstack, Optimizely or Sitecore. Therefore, your front-end solutions are thoughtfully structured and highly maintainable.
What do we expect from you?
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in modern Front-end development
- Sufficient experience in Vue
- Strong focus on the technical implementation of frontend solutions
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines (and its components and tools)
- Interested in modern development approach and technologies and design, such as: Jamstack/MACH, SPA, (POST)(S)CSS(-in-JS), JS/Typescript, HTML
- You have experience in client-side performance issues and are able to test your own work
- You are familiar with Agile and Scrum
- You're proficient in English both spoken and written and if you speak Dutch this is an added bonus
If you think you don’t tick all the boxes, or are a lone wolf looking for peers to expand your horizon, you are more than welcome to apply. The first conversation is about getting to know each other, so no technical deep dive yet.
What can you expect from us?
- A job at a fast-growing international company, that is constantly evolving. You’ll never be bored!
- A comprehensive onboarding program through our internal Academy
- An international environment that respects diversity, equality and individuality
- Freedom and opportunities to develop your hard and soft skills with some help from your team captain and our Academy
- A hybrid workplace: flexibility to combine working at home with working at one of our 4 offices
In addition, you’ll get:
- 25 vacation days. Want more? You can buy up to 10 days extra
- A pension plan
- Travel allowance (every colleague receives an NS Business Card)
- A group health insurance
- A laptop and mobile phone
- Work-from-home budget of € 55- per month
- A budget to make your workplace at home more comfortable
- A refer-a-friend scheme with up to € 1.150,-
What does our recruitment process look like?
We strive to provide our candidates with a simple, fair and transparent recruitment process.
Outlined below, you can learn more about the different stages of our recruitment process:
1. Application received
2. CV/phone screening by Recruitment
3. CV screening by Hiring Manager
4. 1st (online) interview
5. 2nd (online) interview
*for some of our vacancies, an assessment or case is part of our process.