Senior Project Manager - Data & Analytics Americas
What we are looking for:
He/She/They will be a key voice in defining, implementing & executing program management processes for Data & Analytics projects across the Americas.
He/She/They will provide the structure and support the overall vision for assigned projects. These projects can include but are not limited to Analytics Implementation, Data Science & Engineering, Reporting & Insights, MarTech Enablement, Conversion Rate Optimization, Search Engine Optimization, and Web Analytics Compliance.
He/She/They will be responsible for helping define the vision of the project/program and overseeing the execution.
He/She/They will manage multiple projects at a time (within a given brand or client or potentially across multiple brands) and ensure that these projects meet or exceed internal team and client expectations and are delivered on time and on-budget.
He/She/They will ensure that the challenge and requirements are understood by the team and will participate in the solution developed by the team.
Before we continue to dive into the requirements for the role let’s talk about Why you should join Valtech?
Flexibility: We trust in the expertise, skills, and actions of our colleagues. That’s why we provide a flexible work schedule that supports work/life balance.
Career Advancement: We offer a career, not just a job. We invest in the personal and professional growth of every employee because we believe growth leads to both business impact and personal fulfillment.
Learning and Development: We foster a culture that encourages and promotes professional growth and development, with continuous learning through our in house LMS (Ask us about the Academy)
Back to the role:
What you will do:
- Define, implement, and lead training on project management processes & principles as it relate to managing Data & Analytics programs
- Senior Project Managers will interface heavily with data, technical, and executive management within the client to ensure that the solution is understood and addresses the customer’s business requirements
- You will also ensure that the challenge and requirements are understood by the team and will participate in the solution developed by the team
- Responsible for the accurate financial management of the portfolio of projects to which they’re assigned
- Participate in the business development process and maybe a key member of the pre-sales team
- Develops and demonstrates an understanding of the client’s business, their needs, expectations, and requirements
- Collaborates with the project team to identify the approach, deliverables, schedule, and tools to deliver the project within established constraints
- Works with client team as well as any members of assigned project team to estimate costs and timing for tasks such as project strategy, data inputs, technology requirements, etc., utilizing established estimating process and tools
- Coordinates all activities of the project team and ensures that project tasks are completed by: scheduling and facilitating project-related team meetings (i.e. kick-offs, status, internal/client reviews, etc.,), communicating action steps to the team, and delivering weekly status reports to project team, the client and management
- Develops, maintains, reviews and/or disseminates all project documentation including status reports, invoices, change orders, project schedules, budgets, and post-mortem reviews Ensures that all project documentation is produced in the standard format, follows internal documentation processes and is reviewed and approved. May also oversee project management team members who are responsible for developing and maintaining project documentation and/or subprojects
- Support the management of vendors/third-party relationships
- Defines, manages and controls project scope and the change control process to ensure that projects are completed according to schedule and within budget. May also oversee other project management team members who are responsible for monitoring project scope
- Responsible for delivering work within sold margins. Also responsible for identifying and communicating issues causing margin changes
- Responsible for raising and maintaining awareness of all project issues and risks.
- Manages project financial lifecycle, including estimates, revenue forecasts, invoicing, payables, receivables, etc.
- Works with the Director of project Delivery and Quality and the Director, of People and Culture to ensure that projects are appropriately staffed, including both employee and contract resources. Thinks creatively in solving staffing conflicts and identifying different staffing solutions for delivering the work
- Follows internal processes and adjusts staffing needs promptly based on project shifts
- Interview job candidates as requested
- Is a contributor on the content and presentation of key client deliverables as required to ensure relevancy, strategy, quality, and timelines
What you should have:
- 5+ years of experience managing interactive projects, preferably in a consulting or agency environment
- Experience managing projects related to Analytics Implementation, Data Science & Engineering, Reporting & Insights, MarTech Enablement, Conversion Rate Optimization, Search Engine Optimization, and Web Analytics Compliance.
- Experience managing data programs using tools such as Jira & Jira
- Experience managing data programs with analytics & tag management platforms including GA4, Google Tag Manager, Adobe Analytics, Adobe Launch
- Experience managing data programs with MarTech, CRO & SEO tooling such as Optimizely, VWO, Adobe Launch, HotJar, SEMRush, Screaming Frog
- Experience managing reporting & insights programs with data visualization platforms including Looker, Looker Studio, PowerBI, Tableau
- Experience managing data programs with CMS platforms including Salesforce, Optimizely, Sitecore, Hybris, AEM etc.
- Experience with Agile Scrum methodology
- 1-3 years of people management experience
- Advanced knowledge of one or more of the following: analytics implementation life cycles, data visualization projects, CRO processes and the delivery of solutions with creative and engineering components, media and advertising projects, digital strategy projects.
- Advanced understanding of project management methodology including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, perform resource allocations and run team meetings
- Ability to work on multiple projects and manage multiple project coordinators, leads and/or managers at one time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to motivate staff/project team, inspire teamwork and take a leadership role
- Ability to solve complex problems with keen instincts and organizational experience.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence
- Must be able to simultaneously focus on big picture, details and driving results
- Strong knowledge of contract interpretation and negotiation
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
Valtech: The Experience Innovation Company
Technology has remade the way we live, work, and connect. Every day new products, services, and features are raising our expectations in every aspect of our lives. It’s become common for whole new categories and consumer behaviors to emerge and disrupt legacy businesses. And as it becomes easier to digitize, launch, and evolve, the rush to leap ahead is quickly becoming a race to parity. Now that technology has once again leveled the playing field, we believe the next frontier and greater value lives in the experience. And that means the world needs a new kind of company to unlock that value.
We are the Experience Innovation Company. We know that experience now touches every level of your enterprise. It may necessitate fundamental changes in organizational design or require complex integration throughout your tech stack. It may start by catalyzing data to create emotional moments of connection with your customers, inspiring loyalty and brand love. Or it may come to life by getting innovation initiatives out of presentation decks and into the hands of your customers. No matter where experience innovation begins in your company, we are organized to help clients break through silos, redefine success, and deliver exponential value.
Our values give our work purpose. We care deeply about the transformative impact technology can have on the world and honor our duty to approach it responsibly. We share our diverse identities, knowledge, expertise, and skills in an open dialog rooted in respect and inclusivity. And we dare to pursue uncommon solutions and simplify the complex.
Share: As a global company with diverse talent, we value and embrace open dialogue. We share our expertise, wisdom and full attention with our clients and colleagues
Dare: Entrepreneurship and curiosity is in our DNA. We thrive in ambiguity and simplifying the complex. We dare to bring together, connect, and combine the uncommon.
Care: Technology has had a transformative impact on how we experience the world around us. We want to make the world a better place through the work we do.
Our unique culture allows us to orchestrate and connect teams to unlock powerful insights, value, and innovation at the intersection of diverse expertise and domains.
We believe diversity is essential to creating the best digital products & experiences. Valtech is committed to providing and maintaining a work environment where all employees and candidates are treated with dignity and respect and that is free of bias, prejudice, and harassment. We're proud to be an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Accommodations are available on request for all aspects of the selection process.
So, if you are looking for your next challenge? Then this is your chance to join our team of exceptionally talented, creative, and innovative professionals working with composable Best-of-Breed technology platforms within the large-scale digital experience and e-commerce business area.