We believe that Valtech’s only sustainable competitive advantage is to learn faster than the competition. Learning & Development are therefore highly important to us. To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone who’s passionate about helping people learn and grow.
What will you be doing?
As our Learning & Development Specialist within our Dutch Academy Team you will focus on analyzing learning needs and converting these into learning solutions. By doing this, you support our learning culture and inspire our colleagues to be their best selves.
Together with your team, it’s your mission to organize training to increase knowledge and skills in an effective and attractive way. You also scout new offerings and trainers, while keeping your own knowledge up to date with the latest Learning & Development trends. You develop learning strategies aligned with Valtech’s goals and are responsible for all organizational developments regarding Learning & Development.
- You constantly analyze our training needs
- You organize internal and external training and courses for our employees (and maybe even our clients)
- You evaluate the learning experiences of our colleagues
- You advise and create new opportunities when it comes to the Academy offerings
- You handle all individual learning requests for external training and individual coaching
- You keep track of your Academy budget, and you make sure it’s spent in an effective way
- You work independently but also closely together with other colleagues on multidisciplinary projects (like the creation of Learning Paths)
- You are the first point of contact for your internal and external stakeholders
- You are responsible for the onboarding program to welcome our new colleagues and align this program with the Global Academy Team
- You share your vision, strategy and plans for the upcoming year for the Academy with all Valtech colleagues
In this position, you’re responsible for the Academy team which consists of you and our amazing academy associate Jiotta! You report to the People & Culture Director and will collaborate with the People & Culture team. You will also work together with our Leadership team and our speciality teams (Crafts). This position is located in the Netherlands.
What are we looking for?
- You have a bachelor’s degree
- You have at least 3 years of relevant experience (within HR or Learning and Development)
- You have strong planning and organizational skills
- You can connect on different levels
- You take ownership of your projects, both in terms of content and approach
- You are pragmatic and think outside the box
- You always think one step ahead and are proactive
- You easily adapt to a dynamic, fast-moving environment
- You live in the Netherlands, or you are willing to relocate to the Netherlands
What do we offer in return?
Excellent employment terms and conditions, a competitive salary and plenty of room to develop yourself. How quickly your career and salary advance depends entirely on you – with some help from your manager, of course. Our internal Academy will also help you to develop your skills continually.
In addition, you can also follow a work-related educational program with an external provider (in consultation with your team captain). And because work, learning and private life are increasingly intertwined, you can arrange your working hours flexibly to match your creative peaks.
In addition, you'll get:
- Ability to work from home/remotely
- Work-from-home budget of € 55- per month
- 25 vacation days. Want more? You can buy up to 10 days extra
- Pension scheme
- Travel allowance (every colleague receives an NS Business Card)
- A group health insurance
- Laptop and mobile phone
- A budget to make your workplace at home more comfortable
What does our recruitment process look like?
We strive to provide our candidates with a simple, fair, and transparent recruitment process.
We have outlined the different stages below:
1. Receiving your job application
2. CV/phone screening: by recruitment
3. CV screening: by the hiring manager
4. 1st interview (online or at the office)
5. 2nd interview (online or at the office)
6. The offer! 🎉