Valtech accessibility statement
The current state of our website.
Adopted on December 06, 2023
Note: This Statement has taken into consideration our obligations under Canadian laws, including Ontario’s Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Valtech, including Valtech Canada inc., is committed to ensuring digital accessibility in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Whilst we work based on the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability, it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the website. We acknowledge that this is a work in progress and there are improvements that can and are being made.
Valtech.com (the “Website”) aims to meet the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines WCAG 2.0 AA (except criteria 1.2.4 and 1.2.5). We seek to ensure that the Website is accessible to people who use assistive technologies such as screen readers and speech-input software and those unable to use a mouse or a pointing device.
We are committed to educating all staff to be aware of Website accessibility guidelines to ensure maximum compliance when new content is added.
Reporting accessibility problems with the website
We are constantly working on improving the accessibility of the Website. If you discover any issues that are not described on this page, please contact us through the form in the bottom of the page so that we are made aware of the issue.
You can also reach out to our VP, Diversity & Inclusion, Sheree Atcheson, at firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
How to request content in an accessible format
If you need content from the Website that is not accessible to you can contact us by submitting the form in the bottom of the page.
- the web address of the content
- your name, email address
- your preferred format
We aim to reply to all enquiries within a working week.
How we tested the website
We have an internal accessibility audit team that is made up of consultants from our offices around the globe. Our audit team has a variety of expertise in web and app development, user experience and content creation.
We audited the Website in mid-2020 and November 2023. Each new feature is also developed with the help of accessibility experts.
We tested the website against the WCAG 2.0 AA criteria (except 1.2.4 and 1.2.5) using a range of methods including the following methodology, norms and tools:
- Code inspection (manual verification)
- WCAG Contrast Checker (Browser extension)
- WAVE evaluation tool (Browser extension)
- Axe DevTools (Browser extension)
- HeadingsMap (Browser extension)
- Accessibility Insights for Web (Browser extension)
- ZoomText (Browser preferences / browser settings / operating system preference)
- Keyboard (manual verification)
- VoiceOver (Mac and iPhone) paired with Chrome and Safari
- NVDA paired with Firefox
- Jaws paired with Chrome
- Talkback paired with Chrome
- W3C Validator Checker (Online)
The following devices, systems and navigators are supported by the Website:
- Windows computers
- Mac computers
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra
- Google Phone
- iPhone 7
- iPhone SE
The following elements and pages were not tested and could cause restrictions on accessibility:
- Blog Article
- Cookie Statement
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Partner page
- Podcast (partially assessed)
- Privacy Statement
- Stay in touch
- Valtech as a workplace
- Valtech offices
- Who we are
What we´re doing to improve the website
The Website partially meets WCAG 2.0 AA (except criteria 1.2.4 and 1.2.5).
During our recent audit, we have identified critical accessibility issues to fix. They are currently prioritized by our team to fix them as soon as practicable. They include, without limitation:
- Header not accessible for screen readers on desktop;
- The Website does not provide states (open/close) for accordions, dropdown, menus and dynamic labels; and
- assistive technology in some instances cannot access the dropdown content.
Minor and medium areas of the Website that must be fixed include, without limitation:
- Zoomed text
- Translations are not always provided in other languages of the Website
- Insufficient contrasts ratio
- Keyboard path skipping section and regions
- Heading structure
- Animated content is auto-playing and video controls are not available for all assistive technologies
- Audio-only content of podcasts does not include transcripts
- Buttons and logos are not always labelled
We are currently working to fix these issues. We’re aiming to get the most important issues fixed by June 2024.
Our dedicated team of developers are working continuously to minimize the number of non-compliant issues on our sites and fix as many as possible.
We are committed to educating all staff to be aware of website accessibility guidelines to ensure maximum compliance when new content is added to our websites.
The following content from third-party integrations cannot be modified by us to ensure accessibility:
- Career’s application website (Teamtailor)
- Cookie Banner and Cookie Settings
- Linkedin plugin
- Soundcloud player
- Video player
At Valtech, accessibility and inclusivity are part of our caring values. We ensure our values are at the heart of what we do by sharing our knowledge, beliefs and ways of working as craft circles.
We have developed and will continue to maintain a Multi-Year Accessibility Plan. This plan outlines our actions to prevent and remove barriers from our workplace and to improve opportunities for persons with disabilities over time. The Multi-Year Accessibility Plan will continue to be reviewed and updated at least once every five (5) years. The Multi-Year Accessibility Plan can be downloaded here. Upon request, we will provide a copy of the Multi-Year Accessibility Plan in an accessible format.