janeiro 10, 2020
Even today, there is still the possibility to host the SAP commercial platform within your own infrastructure (and in some cases, this can still make sense). However, it is becoming more and more obvious that a cloud-based SaaS solution has advantages for most companies. There are many reasons for this.
Flexibility & Reliability
- The large cloud providers offer access to extremely powerful data centres and networks. It is not possible for most companies to provide an equivalent infrastructure themselves.
- Additional resources such as storage capacity can easily be added or consumed without having to go through a lengthy procurement process.
- Failure of hardware does not lead to a failure of the own application. The vendors are investing a lot of time and effort to provide redundant resources.
Costs & Scalability
- The cloud offers customers the opportunity to scale upwards or downwards at short notice and almost indefinitely.
- The customer no longer needs his own computer centre. The customer concludes a contract with SAP in which the costs for hosting and infrastructure are regulated.
Simplified Platform Handling
- Standardized processes make it possible to start quickly and without tedious project setup phases. For example, the entire build and deployment process is made available ready for use
- Freely available and detailed documentation makes daily work and the onboarding of new employees much easier.
- Thanks to standardization, SAP specialists can provide much better support for error analysis.
- The Self-Service Portal offers comprehensive support for log file monitoring, database monitoring, and options for monitoring application performance.
Migrating an e-commerce platform to the SAP Commerce Cloud is not an easy task, but it can be worthwhile due to many advantages. For more information and to get started today, download our whitepaper.