What you’ll do:
As a .NET Developer within our organisation you will be facing interesting questions about the implementation of large-scale software systems that need to handle daily challenges of scaling, resilience and performance.
As a consultant you are expected to develop expertise both in technology and the means to communicate complex concepts and rationale to non-techies. We’ll encourage and support this with frequent opportunities to share ideas internally. We also have consultants frequently deliver at regional, national and global conferences.
Being effective in software delivery isn’t all about the code, you will also be:
- Participating in workshops to help identify and refine user requirements
- Writing acceptance tests and understanding Behavior Driven Development principles
- Developing responsive web applications and familiarity with the challenges involved
- Team development in integrated environments using managed source control systems such as Git
About our Projects
At Valtech, we work across government and the commercial sector, on some of the most challenging and interesting projects. Our success is built on delivering quality user experiences at the time they are needed, and we care about positive outcomes even more than the technology we build. Much of the work we do helps vulnerable people, and hopefully like you, we’re passionate about making solutions accessible to all.
As a consultancy we work on a range of projects:
- Greenfield and Brownfield projects
- Digital (Web)/ Big Data/ Platform projects
- Full Lifecyle development projects from discovery/ inception phase through to delivery
- Cutting edge technologies with cross functional teams
What you’ll need:
On the tech side, while we believe that good people can learn new things quickly, it wouldn’t hurt if you had solid experience with any the following supporting technologies:
- .NET Framework/Core (C#)
- net MVC, WebAPI, Razor
- Relational and/or NOSQL datastores
- Experience in creation of web services
- Development practices: pair programming, planning poker, CI or CD, IoC, TDD, BDD
- Software engineering: Capable of designing software solutions with clean code and SOLID principles
- Have worked in an agile team as a developer or development lead
- Knowledge of Software/ Integration Design Patterns
- Experience with development infrastructure and tools (source control, story boards, wiki)
- Ability to communicate (both verbal and written) with technical and non-technical stakeholders
Nice to have:
- Understanding of different software architectures
- Exposure to Agile modelling
- Awareness of cloud providers and cloud technologies
- Ability to run and lead workshops
- Experience of mentoring, coaching and supporting less experienced colleagues and clients.
About our Teams
You’ll work across a broad range of projects in the public and private sector. Whether it’s transport, health, central government, housing or helping the most vulnerable in society, your contribution will have an impact and bring about positive change in the world. As a valued member of the team, you’ll help your colleagues understand what they need to do to help users, and you can expect them to support you and get involved with research.
All this hard work doesn’t get in the way of building great working relationships. Some of the best and brightest call Valtech their professional home. We have an empowered working environment and a culture of innovation and shared learning. We make time for fun activities, so we get to know each other better.