Can you put the customer in the center of all our digital offerings?
If yes, come join one of the world’s most innovative digital agencies and play a key role in our creative development!
As a senior experience designer at Valtech you will be the customer/user’s advocate from start to finish, ensuring that their needs and behavior inform the business strategy and takes the digital experiences beyond the user’s expectations.
Here's what you will be doing
- You will work closely together with colleagues such as strategists, digital designers and art directors, front enders, data analysts, copy writers etc. to ensure sparring and the design of smarter solutions.
- You will plan and lead design sprints to ensure that every solution is born out of an understanding of the challenge that our clients are facing and that hypothesis are tested.
- You will inspire your colleagues and you will lead by example, while helping your team members improve their understanding of the customer journey.
You will plan and carry out research to inform the design process, making sure that we challenge every assumption.
- You will apply your senior experience in service design and deep knowledge in recent design and technology trends to the design process, always walking that extra mile to ensure innovative solutions.
- You will facilitate stakeholder workshops, where everyone is invited to chip in and take ownership of the outcome.
- You will ensure delivery operations get heard and involved in design solutions from early ideation, to accommodate both a technically feasible and desirable product.
- You will work side-by-side with your team and account owners to pitch new ideas and build client engagement.
- You will share your great work and reflections - not only internally but also to the greater world, to position Valtech as the number one go-to agency for innovative experience design.
What we ask for
You embrace the digital mind-set. You have a thorough understanding of, and respect for all the disciplines involved in digital projects. You take a holistic approach to digital communication and you know how to use this 360° perspective to map customer journeys and design and optimize key touch points online and offline.
In addition, you should also have
- At least 3 years’ experience working as user/customer experience/service designer.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Interaction Design, Communication Media and Design, Product design or a related area of study.
- Experience with all of the tools needed to create a phenomenal user experience, from pen and paper to digital tools, such as Sketch app, InVision app, Adobe XD, etc.
- Understanding how to use qualitative and quantitative insights to understand customer behavior and provide problem-solving.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to respectfully influence and challenge when needed.
- You like sharing insights with fellow colleagues and like-minded and participate actively in design discussions.
- You’re able to collaborate across professional skill-sets and geographies; working at the office in Eindhoven, Utrecht, Amersfoort, Amsterdam and now and then on-site with clients in The Netherlands and/or abroad.
What we offer in return
- We’re local and global. We’re part of the global Valtech Group, spanning 5 continents with 40 offices around the world – London, New York, Singapore, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires - just to name a few. We are innovators, design thinkers, marketers, creatives and developers, who all create unprecedented success for our Global 500 clients while optimizing time-to-market and return on investment.
- We’re one of the leading digital agencies in The Netherlands, working with brands such as Heineken, Pon, ASML, Danone, DAF and Shimano. All thanks to our 290 brilliant minds working in our stunning offices in Amersfoort, Amsterdam, Eindhoven and Utrecht.
- As part of a global organization we have multi-cultural local environments that are both open and collaborative, offering unmatched opportunities for personal and professional development – locally as well as globally.
- We interact across countries, disciplines, crafts, trades, roles and teams. We are consultants before anything else and take ownership of our own work, clients and careers.
- We provide everyone with freedom and sky-high opportunities - in return, we expect an equally high degree of accountability and dedication.
- You learn on the job every day, and you can follow courses at our internal Academy, or in discussion with your team leader, opt to follow an external study programme.
- We have a role-based, transparent workplace based on democratic principles where the same terms apply to everyone. Therefore, we all share the same loyalty-based pension and vacation scheme, health insurance and fringe benefits.
Note to non-EU nationals: We require a valid work permit in The Netherlands.